Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Log
07-07-2020, 05:34
Error Log
After a rescan I got the attached error log

Two types of errors are listed:
  • "Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag". I subsequently rewrote all the tags of the afflicted directory using jRiver. After a rescan I still get the same errors
  • "Error: playlist Playlists NAS (relative Path)/Queffelec - Satie (96.0).m3u: no matching file for ..\3c 96.0\Queffelec, Anne\Satie, Erik - Satie et Compagnie (96.0)\01-28-Hivernale.flac
    These playlists work without any issues with all players that I tried. The corresponding playlist entry is:
    #EXTINF:267,Satie, Erik - Satie et Compagnie (96.0) - 28 - Hivernale
    ..\3c 96.0\Queffelec, Anne\Satie, Erik - Satie et Compagnie (96.0)\01-28-Hivernale.flac

Attached File(s)
.txt  Errors.txt (Size: 158.31 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2020, 08:37
RE: Error Log
Your date tags are YYYY-DD-MM. The UPnP specification requires YYYY-MM-DD.

If you are running MinimServer on a Linux-based system such as a NAS, file paths in .m3u files need to have forward slashes, not backslashes. Forward slashes are also accepted when running MinimServer on Windows.
07-07-2020, 09:10 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2020 09:29 by jacobacci.)
Thanks @simoncn
I have asked the question over at the jRiver forum
08-07-2020, 06:31
(07-07-2020 08:37)simoncn Wrote:  Your date tags are YYYY-DD-MM. The UPnP specification requires YYYY-MM-DD.

If you are running MinimServer on a Linux-based system such as a NAS, file paths in .m3u files need to have forward slashes, not backslashes. Forward slashes are also accepted when running MinimServer on Windows.

I have checked the Date and Year tags with mp3tag / extended tags and they look to be in MM-DD Format

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-07-2020, 08:34 (This post was last modified: 08-07-2020 08:34 by simoncn.)
Thanks for posting this screenshot. The DATE field in Mp3tag corresponds to the TDAT frame in an ID3v2.3 tag. The ID3v2.3 specification requires DDMM order for the TDAT frame, so this tag needs to be entered as 3010 in Mp3tag. MinimServer will convert this value to the UPnP standard YYYY-MM-DD order when it reads the TDAT frame.

This issue affects all file formats that use ID3v2.3 tags (MP3, WAV and DSF) when edited with Mp3tag.
08-07-2020, 11:59
Thanks, Simon
I have contacted Florian, the developer of MP3Tag about this. Should be easy to fix
08-07-2020, 14:16
(08-07-2020 11:59)jacobacci Wrote:  Thanks, Simon
I have contacted Florian, the developer of MP3Tag about this. Should be easy to fix

I suspect that the culprit regarding the date tag issue is sacd_extract.exe and the data on the SACDs.
My workflow is as follows:
- rip the sacd to iso using a Pioneer BDP-160 and sacd_extract
- extract the dsf files from the iso again using sacd_extract
I suspect the date filed is populated by sacd_extract during this process, resulting in the errors reported by MinimServer
I have not seen any errors in the log regarding FLACs
08-07-2020, 16:07
This makes sense to me. Mp3tag is correctly showing you the incorrect information that was added by sacd_extract.exe.