Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 (anyone here can tell me about it?)
02-07-2020, 14:47
MinimServer 2 (anyone here can tell me about it?)
Been a while since I checked in and now I see there's a new version. Of course I am interested to know if it's better than what I think is already one amazing program? That and if it is better I WANT IT! Then the trick, how do I sign up for it. I did not see the app in my synology package center?? Hope all are well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2020, 15:03
RE: MinimServer 2 (anyone here can tell me about it?)
To install MinimServer 2 on a Synology NAS, see the Quick Start for Synology page.

For an overview of what is new and changed in MinimServer 2, see this page. for information about MinimSever 2 licensing, see this page. The license costs are on this page.
02-07-2020, 19:11
(02-07-2020 15:03)simoncn Wrote:  To install MinimServer 2 on a Synology NAS, see the Quick Start for Synology page.

For an overview of what is new and changed in MinimServer 2, see this page. for information about MinimSever 2 licensing, see this page. The license costs are on this page.

Too bad it's not a flat one time fee instead of every 12 months. If that changes I'd proably do it. Thanks
02-07-2020, 20:32
(02-07-2020 19:11)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  
(02-07-2020 15:03)simoncn Wrote:  To install MinimServer 2 on a Synology NAS, see the Quick Start for Synology page.

Too bad it's not a flat one time fee instead of every 12 months. If that changes I'd proably do it. Thanks

From a post you made in July 2019:

The App Rocks!!
Just thought I'd share that and say thanks to the creator. Once I got the basics down it is a smoothie. Up converting and rescanning is easy now that I understand it and it works great. My lightning ds app gets along well with MinimServer and it makes things real nice with my Vega G2.

Thanks again for the help and I'm sure as time goes on I will want to see what else I can do with the App

But not worth funding on an ongoing basis..........Huh

For the initial fee and lower ongoing annual fee, it’s very good value. Hopefully you might reconsider and join the rest of us funding the ongoing development and support.

But, at the end of the day, it is your choice
02-07-2020, 21:15
(02-07-2020 20:32)Peter@57m Wrote:  
(02-07-2020 19:11)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  

From a post you made in July 2019:

The App Rocks!!
Just thought I'd share that and say thanks to the creator. Once I got the basics down it is a smoothie. Up converting and rescanning is easy now that I understand it and it works great. My lightning ds app gets along well with MinimServer and it makes things real nice with my Vega G2.

Thanks again for the help and I'm sure as time goes on I will want to see what else I can do with the App

But not worth funding on an ongoing basis..........Huh

For the initial fee and lower ongoing annual fee, it’s very good value. Hopefully you might reconsider and join the rest of us funding the ongoing development and support.

But, at the end of the day, it is your choice
Right and to the wiz on a computer it seems ez but I'm far from a wiz. In fact, I just looked in my Synology Package center for version2 to no avail so not sure what to say. I would give it a try but if I can't find it (ver 2) how can I buy it??????
02-07-2020, 22:12
I already posted instructions for this. See post 2 above and click the Quick Start link.
02-07-2020, 22:15
I feel blessed to have the regular program up and running . This new version 2 isn't for me as of yet. Too complicated to install and I'm betting just as hard to get up and running. Already wasted a good part of the afternoon and got notta out of it.