Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing text style
24-06-2020, 08:43
Changing text style
I’ve added composer to track title to give for example - Trane’s Blues (John Coltrane). Is it possible to edit this to change the text formatting, by using bold, different font or size? For example Trane’s Blues in bold but John Coltrane in normal text? Thanks.[/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2020, 13:21
RE: Changing text style
This isn't possible because the UPnP protocol only allows the server to send plain-text strings (for artist, title, etc.) to the control point. All formatting of these strings is done by the control point and the server has no way to influence this.
24-06-2020, 13:45
(24-06-2020 13:21)simoncn Wrote:  This isn't possible because the UPnP protocol only allows the server to send plain-text strings (for artist, title, etc.) to the control point. All formatting of these strings is done by the control point and the server has no way to influence this.

Thanks Simon, I did wonder if this was the case.
24-06-2020, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 24-06-2020 15:13 by simoncn.)
The best you can do is to use punctuation such as : - [ ] ( ) etc. to separate the composer from the title. MinimServer supports this using tagFormat strings. If you need help with setting this up, please post here saying what you would like to achieve.
30-06-2020, 22:24
(24-06-2020 15:12)simoncn Wrote:  The best you can do is to use punctuation such as : - [ ] ( ) etc. to separate the composer from the title. MinimServer supports this using tagFormat strings. If you need help with setting this up, please post here saying what you would like to achieve.

Thanks Simon, I used brackets which nicely separates title from composer.