Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Synology DSM Update 6.2.3 no longer playing on renderer MF M1 Clic
05-06-2020, 16:18
Wink After Synology DSM Update 6.2.3 no longer playing on renderer MF M1 Clic
Hello everyone,
I am asking for help urgently because I can no longer play music with my network player Musical Fidelity M1 Clic from Synology DS218 with MinimServer.

My problem: On May 30th I have updated my NAS DS218 (Synology) on DSM 6.2.3-25426. After that, playing music on my network player (renderer: MF M1 Clic) no longer works.
Access to the MinimServer and play music from the mobile phone or tablet works without any problems.

I get the following error messages from the control point (when trying to play on M1 Clic):
- Mobile phone / iPhone with MConnect lite (UPNP player app): The device sent an error response.
- Tablet / Lenovo P10 with Hi-Fi Cast (UPNP player app): Transistion not available

I would like to rule out a technical problem because I can access the MinimServer and play music via the remote control app: "Box Control" for control my M1 Clic and also from M1 Clic itself.
(That is a possiblity but I want the great comfort of Hi-Fi Cast on my tablet)

However, I absolutely want to get the state as it was before the DSM update.

I am also in contact with Synology Support.
I got the recommendation to uninstall MinimServer and then reinstall it.
Can this really fix my problem?
Does anybody have the same Problem?

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Kind regards and thank you in advance.
Roland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2020, 17:43
RE: After Synology DSM Update 6.2.3 no longer playing on renderer MF M1 Clic
Uninstalling and reinstalling MinimServer will not fix this problem.

As a first step, try powering everything off, then power it on in the order described in this section.

This often solves problems like this. Please post back here with the results of doing this.
07-06-2020, 19:07
Hi Simoncn,
thank you very much for your fast answer and your "right" recommendation: no new installation of MinimServer.

In my problem description I had not described that I had already tried the power off sequence unsuccessfully.

I still was wondering how it can be that playing from the tablet works, but not from the M1 Clic.

Then I connected the M1 Clic via WLAN and: Problem solved:-).
Obviously my "old darling M1 Click" has its quirks because switching to WLAN was only possible after resetting to the factory settings.
No matter: I am happy that it basically works again (music playback has already been torn down twice !!!).
So far from me and thanks again for the answer to my problem.

PS: I am a huge MinimServer fan.
The interaction between Synology with MinimServer, my Win10 labtop with MinimWatch and creating playlists with Foobar and the control with my tablet and Hi-Fi Cast is just great.
07-06-2020, 20:25
I am very pleased to hear that you have been able to solve the problem. This could be caused by an issue with your router not routing UPnP multicast traffic correctly between wired Ethernet and WLAN. In this case, changing the M1 Clic to WLAN is a workaround for the problem.

I don't know why updating Sysnology DSM would have caused this problem. Sometimes it is a coincidence where two things happen at the same time without one of these causing the other.