Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2.0.9 not updating to 2.0.12
26-05-2020, 19:37
MinimServer 2.0.9 not updating to 2.0.12
Hello Simon,

I see that there is an update for MinimServer 2 (2.0.12) for Synology, released May 24th. Normally I see a message that there is a new update when I open MinimWatch (updated to 2.0.12 Mac). I don't get this message now, installed version is 2.0.9. (157 full license).
[about: show updates gives also: all packages are up to date].
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2020, 21:24 (This post was last modified: 26-05-2020 21:30 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimServer 2.0.9 not updating to 2.0.12
MinimWatch can install package updates (such as update 157) but not version updates (such as version 2.0.12). The message that all packages are up to date is correct because there are no package updates later than update 157.

MinimWatch is also able to inform users when a new version (such as 2.0.12) is available. On Synology, the new version needs to be downloaded from the MinimServer 2 Downloads page and installed from the Synology Package Center. Other platforms have their own way of doing this installation.

The notifications in MinimWatch about new packages and new versions are not automatic but need to be added manually by me. For serious issues that require an immediate update to fix them, I do this as soon as the package update or new version is available. For other changes, it is my usual practice to wait a couple of days or so to make sure the package update or new version is not causing any problems. This time has now elapsed and I have addded the notification about version 2.0.12 to MinimWatch.
27-05-2020, 07:01 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2020 07:01 by lyapounov.)
I have the same issue, with another problem: the link in the warning pop-up (For more information, see this section) does not work

Now, what I don't get is that on my synology, I have no indication at all that there is an update. It says "Installed version 2.0.9" but I don't have the usual indication that there is a new version, as all package do.

Does it mean that, everytime there is a new version, we must download the package by hand ? I hop not, that would be a big regression :-)
27-05-2020, 08:48
I have tried this just now. MinimWatch shows the information pop-up saying that 2.0.12 is available. You might need to do About > Show updates to see this. The link 'For more information, see this section' is working.

New versions have always required installation from the Synology Package Center. At present, this also requires a manual download of the MinimServer 2 package. When MinimServer 2 replaces MinimServer 0.8 as the default package for Synology, this manual download will no longer be required.
27-05-2020, 11:40
(26-05-2020 21:24)simoncn Wrote:  MinimWatch can install package updates (such as update 157) but not version updates (such as version 2.0.12). The message that all packages are up to date is correct because there are no package updates later than update 157.

MinimWatch is also able to inform users when a new version (such as 2.0.12) is available. On Synology, the new version needs to be downloaded from the MinimServer 2 Downloads page and installed from the Synology Package Center. Other platforms have their own way of doing this installation.

The notifications in MinimWatch about new packages and new versions are not automatic but need to be added manually by me. For serious issues that require an immediate update to fix them, I do this as soon as the package update or new version is available. For other changes, it is my usual practice to wait a couple of days or so to make sure the package update or new version is not causing any problems. This time has now elapsed and I have addded the notification about version 2.0.12 to MinimWatch.

Thanks for the explanation. It works now.
31-05-2020, 11:32 (This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 11:42 by MSOrac.)
I am having difficulties updating to 2.0.12 on Synology. Carried out manual installation but get an error message saying "failed to run the package service MinimServer start error: see system log" I am running DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 4. Just looked at the basic log and it appears that the new version and the old version are clashing. Log message indicates another installation is using configuration file.

Did not want to try uninstalling and reinstalling as it looks like I will have to reinstall licence and config from the earlier installed version 2.0.8. and this will mean losing some config set up in earlier instance.
31-05-2020, 11:53
Installing a new version should automatically stop the previous version. It sounds like this hasn't happened for some reason.

I suggest you shut down and restart the NAS. This will not cause you to lose your license activation or your configuration. After you have done this, does MinimServer start and which version is running?
31-05-2020, 12:09
Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the advice. Restarted the NAS and then re-ran the update. Seemed to work this time. Music flowing again - many thanks