Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch 2.0.12 for Mac gives JavaHomeError
27-05-2020, 20:37 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2020 21:03 by mbolo01.)
RE: MinimWatch 2.0.12 for Mac gives JavaHomeError
Hi Simon - I'm using minimwatch on a Mac (Mojave) where I have jdk 1.6 and jre 8 251 installed. I just downloaded minimwatch 2.0.12 and faced the LibjliNotFound error message. I reverted to the previous minimwatch version thanks to Time Machine you can provide me a solution. Many thanks.

Edit: I installed the most recent jdk and I was able to launch minimwatch 2.0.12 successfully, nevertheless I wanted to make you aware that despite the presence of a recent jre in previous scenario, minimwatch 2.0.12 failed to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2020, 22:29
Thanks for letting me know about this problem. Java 1.6 (Apple Java) has a different way of identifying its version number than Java 1.7 and above (Oracle Java). MinimWatch is reading the version number of Oracle Java correctly but is not reading the version number of Apple Java correctly.

I am testing a fix for this and it should be available tomorrow.
31-05-2020, 10:11
The fix for this problem with Apple Java 1.6 is now available in MinimServer and MinimWatch 2.0.13. It look longer than expected because I found some other issues while testing.

For some time, the Open button on the dialog about MinimServer and MinimWatch being downloaded from the internet when you start them for the first time has not worked. The workaround is to launch MinimServer or MinimWatch again but this is not how things should be. A fix for this problem is in 2.0.13.

Also, recent JDKs such as JDK 11 and JDK 14 were not being detected by the MinimServer and MinimWatch launch scripts, which could cause the user to be prompted to install Java 8. This is fixed in 2.0.13.

Finally, recent JDKs such as JDK 11 and JDK 14 are unable to run on some older versions of macOS. They work with 10.13 (High Sierra) or later but not with 10.12 (Sierra) or earlier. This is because the macOS code signing mechanism changed in 10.13. It is possible to build applications (such as MinimServer and MinimWatch) that work with both the new and old code signing mechanisms but Java has not been built like this and it is not possible for MinimServer and MinimWatch to work around it. Instead, 2.0.13 shows an alert "JVMLoadError" to warn the user when an incompatible version of Java is installed. A simple solution is to install Java 8, which is compatible with all versions of macOS.