Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Index Tags
08-02-2021, 13:12
RE: Index Tags
(04-02-2021 18:12)Bicho Wrote:  In theory (according to what it says on the web about new Features) it is very simple to see the recently added items. But I can't find how to do it ... SO IT'S NOT THAT EASY !!!

I'm sure you've already come across this in the forums, but I think what most people have resorted to is adding a custom tag to indicate when it was ripped, and then using that in the browse tree.

Code:
indexTags:-DateAdded
tagOptions:DateAdded.yearMonth.index.sort

Whilst it's not a configurable amount of recently added albums, it serves the purpose, and it's also quite nice to see what you were listening to/ripped at a previous point in time. It's also comforting to know that it's stored with the music, and can't be lost through an absent minded file operation e.g. copying your music to a new hard drive (rather than a sync preserving the file creation date).

I'm not sure what tag editor you use, but I know mp3tag can easily add such a tag to existing files based on the file creation date (assuming that all files within an album will have the same date).

When @simoncn does come up with a MinimServer solution I'm hoping that it can be initialised with such a tag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2021, 08:40 (This post was last modified: 22-08-2021 10:05 by mminga.)
I searched in the forum but could not find the answer.
My wish is to add the COUNTRY to IndexTags.
For example:
When I open Hip Hop as genre, the country or origin should be selectable.
Genre: Hip Hop then COUNTRY: Senegal to browse through it.
Is it possible to add it?
If so, what is then the special tag?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Update:
A list of all tags including syntax that are possible would be great. So anyone can select it according to the requirements.
22-08-2021, 10:12 (This post was last modified: 22-08-2021 10:19 by simbun.)
(22-08-2021 08:40)mminga Wrote:  My wish is to add the COUNTRY to IndexTags.
For example:
When I open Hip Hop as genre, the country or origin should be selectable.
Genre: Hip Hop then COUNTRY: Senegal to browse through it.
Is it possible to add it?

Assuming you have a tag called COUNTRY in your music files you just need to add it to indexTags:
Code:
indexTags: Country

I've not however come across country in any format specification, the closest I've seen is Location; that's not to say you can't add it though as FLAC supports any tag name.

(22-08-2021 08:40)mminga Wrote:  If so, what is then the special tag?
Not sure what you mean by this as it's not something MinimServer provides.

What format is your music in (I've assumed FLAC)?
If it's not in FLAC (as MinimServer will expose any FLAC/Vorbis tag) MinimServer only supports the following tag mappings.

It might be worth producing an All Tags Summary if you're not sure of the names of your tags (tag editors commonly display names that differ from the actual tag name to make it easier when dealing with multiple music formats).
22-08-2021, 12:22
If so, what is then the special tag?

You can create a "special tag" yourself.
E.g. you create a tag named Country of Origin (country might conflict with a genre ) and add this to index Tags
22-08-2021, 12:34 (This post was last modified: 23-08-2021 21:53 by mminga.)
(22-08-2021 10:12)simbun Wrote:  ...
Assuming you have a tag called COUNTRY in your music files you just need to add it to indexTags:
Code:
indexTags: Country
Sometimes the easiest thing is overseen.Blush
Thank you.

Update:
By MP3 Tag I split serveral "Country", it works fine.