Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Step in upgrade to Minimserver 2
17-05-2020, 13:42
Sad Final Step in upgrade to Minimserver 2
Hi I have been using Minimserver for a few years and decided that I should purchase and move to Server 2. I have followed the instructions and the Minimserver package is now running on my Synology NAS (DS213J) but whenever I click the Open button to set the path to my music files I get an error saying that the page is not reachable:

Cannot reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.172:9790 is correct

Has anyone seen this error or know a workaround. I have had to put entries into my router NAT table in the past to cover external access but had assumed that this would only need internal access.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2020, 17:12
RE: Final Step in upgrade to Minimserver 2
This probably means you are using the Synology firewall but have not added the necessary entries to allow communication with MinimServer. You can check this by going to Control Panel > Security > Firewall. If you have a firewall active, you need to click "Edit Rules", then "Create", then "Select from a list of built-in applications". You will find two entries for MinimServer:

MinimServer UPnP media server / 9790,9791 / TCP
MinimServer UPnP media server / 1900 / UDP

You need to enable both of these.
17-05-2020, 18:53
RE: Final Step in upgrade to Minimserver 2
Wink
(17-05-2020 17:12)simoncn Wrote:  This probably means you are using the Synology firewall but have not added the necessary entries to allow communication with MinimServer. You can check this by going to Control Panel > Security > Firewall. If you have a firewall active, you need to click "Edit Rules", then "Create", then "Select from a list of built-in applications". You will find two entries for MinimServer:

MinimServer UPnP media server / 9790,9791 / TCP
MinimServer UPnP media server / 1900 / UDP

You need to enable both of these.

Hi Simon
Thanks for the prompt response. You were entirely correct I have added the lines and I'm back online with Minimserver.
Until I was reading a Linn document I did not know that you had Server 2 or that the old version was being left behind. Probably because it has worked so well and I have not had any issues. I will be upgrading to the full system. Many thanks for your help.
Peter