Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital booklets
14-04-2013, 22:39
RE: Digital booklets
(14-04-2013 22:21)simoncn Wrote:  Unfortunately, some control points can't handle this. MinimServer 0.70 is sending an additional <res> tag for the album art file in some cases, and eLyric fails to play these tracks because it thinks the album art is the audio file (even though I have used the correct protocolInfo settings). Because of this, I am removing this additional <res> tag in MinimServer 0.71.

I don't think elyrics buggy behaviour would be frequent, especially if the added resources are after the music stream resources.
minimserver could not include those res tags if elyrics is the browsing client. I'm sure you will love this idea =). BubbleUPnP is full of hacks like this and more for broad interoperability.

Quote:What do you think about using <dc:relation>?

Why not, but we always have the same problem: what it a media server returns it for something else than a booklet:

https://github.com/ulfa/erlmediaserver/b...s/WAMU.xml

I guess the CP could make a HEAD request to check the Content-Type but it is still a hack because we do not have a specific "standard" booklet tag...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 23:08
(14-04-2013 22:39)bubbleguuum Wrote:  I don't think elyrics buggy behaviour would be frequent, especially if the added resources are after the music stream resources.

This is exactly what I did for the MinimServer 0.70 implementation of this.

Quote:minimserver could not include those res tags if elyrics is the browsing client. I'm sure you will love this idea =). BubbleUPnP is full of hacks like this and more for broad interoperability.

I can't detect this because ohNet doesn't pass on User-Agent information for browsing requests. And even if I could detect it, I wouldn't feel happy about including such hacks in MinimServer.

Quote:Why not, but we always have the same problem: what it a media server returns it for something else than a booklet:

I guess the CP could make a HEAD request to check the Content-Type but it is still a hack because we do not have a specific "standard" booklet tag...

Sending HEAD would work with MinimServer.
14-04-2013, 23:16
(14-04-2013 23:08)simoncn Wrote:  
Quote:Why not, but we always have the same problem: what it a media server returns it for something else than a booklet:

Sending HEAD would work with MinimServer.

Ok we can agree on this then. I do not even need to make a HEAD request and can consider that if the CP is browsing minimserver, dc:relation tags are booklets. I will add isMinimServer() to the magnificent collection of is<RandomMediaServer>() and is<RandomRenderer>() functions.
15-04-2013, 02:53
(14-04-2013 22:01)simoncn Wrote:  I think you have convinced me that any solution must include support for sending multiple PDF resources.

Excellent! Smile

On the point of how to locate booklets for albums that span multiple directories: one idea would be to only look in the current directory and rely on the user to create symbolic links to the original file(s), which could be stored in some parent folder (or somewhere else altogether - in the case of sheet music for example, I keep it in a completely different hierarchy). This would of course only work on file systems that support sym links, so Windows users for example would need to create copies of these files instead.
11-01-2016, 17:15
Was there any development on this?
11-01-2016, 18:38
(11-01-2016 17:15)rompolompo Wrote:  Was there any development on this?

No.
11-01-2016, 18:54
Who should we ask for this, Bubble, Minim or both?
11-01-2016, 19:10
(11-01-2016 18:54)rompolompo Wrote:  Who should we ask for this, Bubble, Minim or both?

I don't currently have any plans to add support for this. It is not part of the UPnP standard and there are many other items with higher priority on my "to do" list.
18-03-2016, 21:06
(11-01-2016 19:10)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 18:54)rompolompo Wrote:  Who should we ask for this, Bubble, Minim or both?

I don't currently have any plans to add support for this. It is not part of the UPnP standard and there are many other items with higher priority on my "to do" list.

What a shame. A good friend of mine is very keen on booklets and I was getting very hopeful reading the older posts. Then I reached a three year gap and the bad news. I'm amazed there is still nothing in the UPnP standard for something so fundamental.
18-03-2016, 22:53 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 22:54 by Dieter Stockert.)
(18-03-2016 21:06)macrotech Wrote:  What a shame. A good friend of mine is very keen on booklets and I was getting very hopeful reading the older posts. Then I reached a three year gap and the bad news. I'm amazed there is still nothing in the UPnP standard for something so fundamental.

I agree.