Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco firmware 3.92 official release now available
20-05-2020, 21:48
RE: Melco firmware 3.92 official release now available
I am not aware of any differences in sound quality. The intention of the changes is to provide improved functionality and usability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2020, 16:07
I didn't want to upgrade to 3.92, because of SongKong. I think this software makes changes to the music library. I have spent many hours debugging my database and I don't want any software to do ca, kids without my authorization. On the other hand, that leaves me stuck without updating in the future and it's not something I like.
21-05-2020, 16:44
Updating to 3.92 does not require that you install, run or use SongKong. Where did you get the impression that this is required?

MinimServer can work with any tagging scheme. Do you use MinimServer already? If so, you can update to 3.92 and MinimServer 2 and continue to use your existing tags and your existing MinimServer configuration unchanged. You will need to purchase a MinimServer 2 license if you have modified your MinimServer configuration from the default settings.
21-05-2020, 17:25
My mistake, from reading the Melco page, I understood that a reduced version of SongKong installed itself when updating to 3.92. Yes I have 0.8 installed for a long time. If once I upgrade to 3.92 I want to upgrade to Minim2 and I do it from the Melco menu, how can I pay you?
21-05-2020, 18:05
Please provide a link to the Melco page that you saw so that I can check this out. If the wording is misleading, I will contact Melco and ask them to change it. It wouldn't be good if other people get the same impression as you. Many thanks!

What actually happens is that 3.92 gives you a new menu item named SongKong. If you want SongKong, you select this menu item to install it. If you install SongKong, this gives you additional menu items to enable or disable it.

Instructions for updating to MinimServer 2 after you have installed 3.92 are on this page, including information about how to purchase a license. You can start with a free 30-day trial license (which provides full functionality) and purchase a full license before this expires.
21-05-2020, 18:24
This is the page that explains 3.92's new features. Probably the problem is mine since I use Google Translate.

https://www.melco-audio.com/downloads/

On the other hand I don't need to try a trial license, I have been enjoying your software for a long time, which I know will work.
Regards
21-05-2020, 19:13
Updated to 3.92 and Minimserver2. It seems that everything is correct
22-05-2020, 12:46
Hello Simon,
I've just been having a play at trying to record a stream for the first time and everything appeared to have worked as per the user guide, I can see the recording starting in the log.
MinimStreamer: scheduled recording task R6
MinimStreamer: started recording task R6
MinimStreamer: stopped recording task R6
MinimStreamer: cancelled recording task R6
MinimStreamer: removed recording task R6
I then stopped the recording after a couple of minutes which also shows in the log but there was no recording file in the Minimserver folder afterwards. I see that in addition to "stopped recording task" there is "cancelled" and "removed" what am I doing wrong is there a minimum length of recording or did I stop it incorrectly, what am I missing?
Thanks in advance!
22-05-2020, 13:22
You might be looking in the wrong place. MinimServer 2 puts recordings in the 'recordings' folder of the Melco shared folder. All the messages you have seen are as expected.
22-05-2020, 13:49
(22-05-2020 13:22)simoncn Wrote:  You might be looking in the wrong place. MinimServer 2 puts recordings in the 'recordings' folder of the Melco shared folder. All the messages you have seen are as expected.
Ahh yes you're right I was looking in the wrong place, thanks Simon.
I listen to a lot of radio at home (even more recently) and I have to say I've been blown away by the SQ level I have achieved from my system since this FW update, streaming the BBC MPEG-DASH streams with the Melco in Dark Mode is fantastic.
Add the recording functionality to that and that makes a full license purchase when my trial period ends essential.
Keep up the good work!