Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gappy TEAC NP-H750
13-05-2020, 03:29
Gappy TEAC NP-H750
Simon has successfully helped me stream internet radio to my TEAC. The device does have its own internet radio capability, but in all its functionality the device work back-to-front. That is, it expects one to use its tiny screen and its own primitive facilities to start internet radio, select favourite stations and also to fetch audio from my NAS (plain folders, no pictorial icons!). Having fixed the radio so that I can use a tablet/phone-resident control point, I would now like to attack its audio problems. TEAC shows no interest in helping and has abandoned this lovely device. Fortunately I also have a Yamaha R-N602 - but rather bulky with totally useless tone controls.

Through DLNA I can command the TEAC to get audio from my NAS, but the gap between tracks is around 30 seconds!! This is barely acceptable for popular music, but totally unacceptable for classical, opera and ballet.

If anyone can suggest a solution, please do. Otherwise I have another suggestion. Suppose there was software that could automatically stitch tracks together, with a little silence (not a gap, but a true piece of silent audio) in between, then I could play classical etc. as a continuous stream. I am rarely interested in track for these types of audio in any case. I could maintain both versions of this type of audio on the NAS. Perhaps the length of silence could also be user varied. I know I can do this using Audacity, but that way is very laborious.

Alternatively, and amazing if possible, could the software stitch tracks together on the fly to deliver the stream?

Any advice will be most welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2020, 13:30
RE: Gappy TEAC NP-H750
If you are happy to maintain copies of appropriate albums, then perhaps re-ripping those albums again would be the easiest solution.

DBpoweramp has a 'Rip as One' option. EAC has something similar called 'Copy range'.

Alternatively, I believe xrecode can merge audio tracks into a single file.
14-05-2020, 04:30
RE: Gappy TEAC NP-H750
(13-05-2020 13:30)Alandbush Wrote:  If you are happy to maintain copies of appropriate albums, then perhaps re-ripping those albums again would be the easiest solution.

DBpoweramp has a 'Rip as One' option. EAC has something similar called 'Copy range'.

Alternatively, I believe xrecode can merge audio tracks into a single file.

Brilliant advice Alan. I downloaded xrecode, and merged all the FLAC tracks of The Barber of Seville. It worked a treat. Now I can do the rest of my hundreds of albums!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin