Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
incorrect tag for option indexValue.yearOnly
14-04-2013, 20:00
RE: incorrect tag for option indexValue.yearOnly
(14-04-2013 17:42)simoncn Wrote:  The 'n albums' and 'n items' selections are not index selections. They display lists of media objects, similar to the list of tracks you would see if you opened an album. These media objects are formatted according to the display* series of options.

The index selections are the names in the indexTags property. Each of these displays a list of choices, and these choices are formatted according to the index* series of options.

Is my assumption correct that every item that is indicated by a generic folder icon in Kinsky or BubbleUPnP is affected by the index* options/properties and that every item with an album art or generic album art and showing multiple lines as well as the now playing information is affected by the display* options/properties?
If your answer is yes, I think I got it now.

Quote:I'm finding this discussion very useful. Please continue to ask questions and suggest ways I could clarify this distinction.

There are two facts I found a bit confusing:
1) Obviously, there is a mixture of 'index items' and 'display items' in the browsing tree presented by MinimServer (and other servers). I'm not sure why, but I thought that index* and display* in the user guide define a strict separation between what is shown in the browsing tree and what is shown in the now playing information.
2) I was not aware which data from MinimServer shown in the control point refers to 'XML data sent' and which does not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 21:37
(14-04-2013 20:00)winxi Wrote:  Is my assumption correct that every item that is indicated by a generic folder icon in Kinsky or BubbleUPnP is affected by the index* options/properties and that every item with an album art or generic album art and showing multiple lines as well as the now playing information is affected by the display* options/properties?
If your answer is yes, I think I got it now.

I don't think this is 100% correct. Also, it seems a complicated way to describe it.

Here's my attempt:

Everything that's displayed when you select one of the tags in the indexTags property is affected by index*, and everything else is affected by display*.

Quote:There are two facts I found a bit confusing:
1) Obviously, there is a mixture of 'index items' and 'display items' in the browsing tree presented by MinimServer (and other servers). I'm not sure why, but I thought that index* and display* in the user guide define a strict separation between what is shown in the browsing tree and what is shown in the now playing information.

I hope the above description helps to clarify this.

Quote:2) I was not aware which data from MinimServer shown in the control point refers to 'XML data sent' and which does not.

I will try to avoid using this terminology in future.
14-04-2013, 21:51
(14-04-2013 21:37)simoncn Wrote:  Here's my attempt:

Everything that's displayed when you select one of the tags in the indexTags property is affected by index*, and everything else is affected by display*.

Thanks once again, now everything is clear.
Just a minor comment referring to my initial post: the indexValue.yearOnly tag option seems not to apply only to the index tags but also to the display, as e.g. Kinsky shows YYYY in the album view. I prefer it this way, but it seems not to be 100 percent consistent.
14-04-2013, 22:05
(14-04-2013 21:51)winxi Wrote:  Thanks once again, now everything is clear.
Just a minor comment referring to my initial post: the indexValue.yearOnly tag option seems not to apply only to the index tags but also to the display, as e.g. Kinsky shows YYYY in the album view. I prefer it this way, but it seems not to be 100 percent consistent.

This is something that Kinsky is doing. MinimServer is sending a full date value to Kinsky, and Kinsky is applying its own yearOnly formatting to this value.
15-04-2013, 09:07
(14-04-2013 22:05)simoncn Wrote:  This is something that Kinsky is doing. MinimServer is sending a full date value to Kinsky, and Kinsky is applying its own yearOnly formatting to this value.

Thanks for all this valuable information. I feel much more comfortable now with understanding these things.