Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to generate 'Recently added' tags and playlists
24-01-2021, 15:34
RE: [Tutorial] How to generate 'Recently added' tags and playlists
(30-12-2020 17:01)lyapounov Wrote:  2) I store all my music in a mysql database, and I have developped a whole web site in PHP to access it. I can access the latest entered album through this interface.

Thank you for the response. You have a very interesting setup which I am sure provides a great deal of flexibility. Not your standard setup though. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2021, 15:40
(26-12-2020 17:54)Peter@57m Wrote:  I found your instructions very straightforward. The only place where I had to look up MinimServer help was for setting tagUpdate in MinimWatch, I also missed the names of the tags being created first time (DATE_CREATED and PERIOD_DETAIL to be added to indexTags/itemTags)

Thank you for trying RAP.

Also, thank you for your suggestions and proof reading that has resulted in a User guide, I believe, that has a better layout with more comprehensive guidance.
17-07-2021, 09:12
I like the program very much, but I have a problem because I can't use it. My files are stored on the Qnap server. Despite specifying the network path to the NAS folder, the program reports an error. What am I doing wrong? Access to the NAS requires a password which is remembered by Windows. Should I map this folder to allow the program to access the folder?
17-07-2021, 11:13
(17-07-2021 09:12)KreTR Wrote:  I like the program very much, but I have a problem because I can't use it. My files are stored on the Qnap server. Despite specifying the network path to the NAS folder, the program reports an error. What am I doing wrong? Access to the NAS requires a password which is remembered by Windows. Should I map this folder to allow the program to access the folder?

Mapping your music directory NAS drive is a good idea, especially if you choose to remember the login credentials on startup.

Out of curiosity, what message did the program report?
17-07-2021, 14:52 (This post was last modified: 17-07-2021 14:53 by Peter@57m.)
(17-07-2021 11:13)Alandbush Wrote:  
(17-07-2021 09:12)KreTR Wrote:  Access to the NAS requires a password which is remembered by Windows. Should I map this folder to allow the program to access the folder?

Mapping your music directory NAS drive is a good idea, especially if you choose to remember the login credentials on startup.

Out of curiosity, what message did the program report?

This is how I run it on my QNAP and Windows 10 setup. The QNAP directory containing the music files is mapped as a drive on the PC. Works well.
18-07-2021, 18:48
How to correctly enter the filename in the "tagUpdate" field? Despite typing "tagupdate.txt" I get a correction message: "must be a filename: correct highlighted value and retry" please chelp.
18-07-2021, 18:55
After mapping the folder on the network drive, the program is running and generating the tagupdate.txt file. However, when I enter its location in the preferences, Minimserver receives the error I wrote about in the post above. Do I have to type this file name on purpose? I understand that I need to enter the path to the file, but that doesn't change the fact that I have an incorrect value in the "tagUpdate" field that it is supposed to be a filename. After typing: tagupdate.txt "there is still the same problem.
18-07-2021, 19:51
OKAY. managed to! I checked the path and file name carefully. I checked uppercase and lowercase and it worked.
Thank you. Now I'm waiting for the end of the library scan.
18-07-2021, 22:06
Please don't post the same question or comment to multiple threads. This makes the discussion difficult for other users to follow.
19-07-2021, 12:28
Is it possible that the program does not search the entire library every time it only adds new albums, or what has been changed? Unfortunately, I have several CDs with the same names and they need to be changed manually because MinimSerwer stops at this repeat and does not load the takupdate.txt file to the end?