Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to generate 'Recently added' tags and playlists
19-07-2021, 13:38
RE: [Tutorial] How to generate 'Recently added' tags and playlists
(19-07-2021 12:28)KreTR Wrote:  Is it possible that the program does not search the entire library every time it only adds new albums, or what has been changed?

It most certainly is possible, as MinimServer proves, but my programming skills are not on a par with Simon et al. So, it is very unlikely that I will be able to easily add this ability.

However, please do not despair as I can think of one short term work around and another longer term suggestion.

Workaround
Perhaps it would be useful to duplicate the RAP directory and then...

1) change the 'MusicDirectory' value to the new album folder (nb - you can add multiple folders if required)
2) change the 'TagUpdateFile' access value from write to append (i.e. add to)
3) run RAP

or

1) change the 'MusicDirectory' value to the new album folder (nb - you can add multiple folders if required)
2) change the 'TagUpdateFile' value to a new file name
3) run RAP
4) add the contents of the new 'tag update' file to the original

nb - MinimServer should always be rescan with a full tag update file

Suggestion
Use Windows to schedule a regular run of the RAP_EXE_BAT file, as appropriate, to
a) maintain the defined periods
b) add new albums

This can also be amended to run MinimWatch to instruct a MinimServer rescan.
Example here.

I hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2021, 17:22
The program works fine. Thank you very much for creating it. I have a problem. I have a fairly large library and it happens that different artists name their albums the same, eg "Live". When re-scanning the library, the Minimserver reports that it has encountered a duplicate entry in the line xxxx. My current solution is to edit the TagUpdate.txt file and in the line with the album name indicated by the Minimserwer as a duplicate add, for example: "1". Or find the album on the disk and change its name by adding, for example, the release year or the publisher's name. Is there a way to fix this? Make the program recognize duplicate names and omit them. However, I do not know where the change should be, whether in RAP or in the Minimserver itself.
Regards Robert
13-09-2021, 19:52
(12-09-2021 17:22)KreTR Wrote:  Is there a way to fix this? Make the program recognize duplicate names and omit them. However, I do not know where the change should be, whether in RAP or in the Minimserver itself.
Regards Robert

I'm happy to know the program has been useful.

I'm aware of the duplicate album issue as identified by Minimserver, although I thought I had prevented the creation of duplicate albums, instead indicating their existence in the program report.

I'm away for a couple of days so will not be able to confirm the programs' behaviour. I'll also have to investigate whether it is possible to improve the 'duplicate' issue.
16-09-2021, 15:23
(24-12-2020 18:52)Alandbush Wrote:  Over a thousand views but very few comments. Sad

I cannot help but wonder just what people thought of the application.
So, would you take a little time and be so kind as to provide some feedback, such as ...

A good idea but
  • the wrong platform
  • looks too complicated
  • no user friendly interface
  • do not trust unknown programs
  • links do not work
  • do not understand what it does
  • no need of it

Hello,

for me it is the wrong platform as I'm using macOS.

Kind regards
steamfan