Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim watch not working
14-04-2020, 15:46
Minim watch not working
Hi, My install of Minimwatch has stopped working. It will not find or control MinimServer. I have now tried updating to Minimsever2 and minimwatch2 but with the same behaviour. I notice from the log that minmwatch is looking for 192.168.1.175:9791. (I was expecting :9790 but don't really know what this means).
I am using a Synology DS213J NAS, a TP Link Archer VR900 router, and I have tried disabling the windows firewall. Minimserver seems to work and I can trigger a rescan from its own web page but Minimwatch seems rather isolated.
Can you offer any sugggestions to resolve this please. I attach a screenshot of the Minimwatch log files.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.config  minimwatch.config (Size: 254 bytes / Downloads: 0)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2020, 17:53
RE: Minim watch not working
Port 9791 is correct for MinimWatch. Port 9790 is the http port. These log messages mean that MinimWatch is being blocked by a firewall. The first thing to check is whether you have your private network accidentally set as public.
17-04-2020, 12:55
RE: Minim watch not working
Many thanks Simon, That has sorted it. Network had gotten itself changed to public, probably when new router was installed. All good now.