Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot upgrade on linux
11-04-2020, 21:28
cannot upgrade on linux
I was upgrading from MinimServer 0.7 something to MinimServer 0.8.5.2 to get my MinimStream working again.

After reinstalling
hitting the About box in MinimWatch
hitting Show updates

red text appears in the About box stating
Resource not available: http://minimserver.com/updates/minimserver-8.5-jmpud

Something similar happens when trying to update/install MinimStreamer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2020, 21:35
RE: cannot upgrade on linux
I am extremely surprised that anyone is still on MinimServer 0.7! MinimServer 0.8 was released in December 2013. Smile

I suggest you completely uninstall both MinimServer and MinimWatch (having noted your property settings first) and start again with a clean install. What platform do you use to run MinimServer?
11-04-2020, 22:07
RE: cannot upgrade on linux
(11-04-2020 21:35)simoncn Wrote:  I am extremely surprised that anyone is still on MinimServer 0.7! MinimServer 0.8 was released in December 2013. Smile

I suggest you completely uninstall both MinimServer and MinimWatch (having noted your property settings first) and start again with a clean install. What platform do you use to run MinimServer?

I avoid upgrading where possible because usually the risk isn't worth it to me. ;-) As you can see, it's a bit of a crapshoot. Most likely I was reporting the MinimStreamer version instead of the MinimServer option.

I forgot to mention that I run MinimServer on linux. As stated in the install I moved the old minimserver home aside and installed the new one. It is working for serving music but I wanted to install minimstreamer as well and that's not showing.

Installing the latest MinimWatch (2.0.7) seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for the prompt response!