Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album.sortTags argument ignored
09-04-2020, 09:03
RE: Album.sortTags argument ignored
I don't think it would be appropriate to use the sortTags setting to exclude files with missing tags. The tags specified by sortTags are used for sorting, not for filtering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2020, 15:56
(09-04-2020 09:03)simoncn Wrote:  I don't think it would be appropriate to use the sortTags setting to exclude files with missing tags. The tags specified by sortTags are used for sorting, not for filtering.
Perhaps you are right. On the other hand, even assuming the presence of correct "incdate" values for certain files, obtaining a list of the most recently included items in the natural order does not appear to be possible with the current MinimServer options.

This seems a bit strange to me given the already enormous number of control options available in MinimServer. Perhaps some composability is missing, somethingthat would allow filtering a sorted list or sorting a filtered list. These seem very natural operations.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this issue! I'll try to add a default "incdate" value to those files that have none although this is not easy with standard tagging tools!
09-04-2020, 19:45
There are many ways this issue could be solved by changes to MinimServer. At present, I am focused on completing the rollout of MinimServer 2 on all platforms. When this is finished, you can expect to see significant feature enhancements to MinimServer 2.

When making any feature enhancement, it is important to balance what it provides in terms of functionality (a positive) against what it adds in terms of complexity (a negative). As MinimServer already has a reputation for being complex, this balance is even more important going forward.
10-04-2020, 08:01 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2020 08:35 by nbpf.)
Interesting, I was not aware of the MinimServer 2 developments! Once it becomes available for Linux ARM, I would be glad to buy a license. I typically run three instances of MinimServer 1. One on my laptop for testing purposes and two on RPi devices. Will it be possible to install MinimWatch 2 and then upgrade from MinimServer 1 to MinimServer 2 full licence without loosing the current setup/profile?
10-04-2020, 09:23
Yes, when you update to MinimServer 2 your current configuration will be preserved.
10-04-2020, 11:33
Great, I have upgraded MinimWatch to 2.0.7 and purchased a license for 3 devices. Switching to the MinimServer 2 sub-forum to learn a bit about the new software. Best, nbpf