Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LUMIN App and "ReverseName" Property
26-03-2020, 12:44 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2020 13:40 by bbrip.)
LUMIN App and "ReverseName" Property
I am currently revisiting my MinimServer settings after a couple of years of usage.

Back in the day (2013?) it was not possible to use the "ReverseName" property to change the display format (but not the index format!) of Composer, Artist, etc... in LUMIN.

I have now played with this, and this problem still seems to be around. Has anyone managed to work around this and use a setting like "Composer.reverseName.display" properly with LUMIN without messing up the sorting of the composer field - which I still want to have by LastName, FirstName.

Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2021, 17:47
RE: LUMIN App and "ReverseName" Property
(26-03-2020 12:44)bbrip Wrote:  ...this problem still seems to be around. Has anyone managed to work around this and use a setting like "Composer.reverseName.display" properly with LUMIN without messing up the sorting of the composer field - which I still want to have by LastName, FirstName.

I use "Composer.reverseName.display" and "Artist.reverseName.display"
and like you have this same problem.

I'm hoping for a solution as well.

I've just upgraded to Minimserver 2 and started the trial 30 days featuring complete control over all of the features.
03-01-2021, 23:27
The LUMIN app doesn't use the MnimServer index and sort order. Instead, the app downloads metadata for the entire library from MinimServer and creates its own index and sort order. Because you have used reverseName.display in MinimServer, the metadata that the LUMIN app downloads contains reversed names only.

You can access the original names and sort order through "folder view" in the LUMIN app (the folder icon). This is not true folder view (filesystem folders). It is the normal view of the MinimServer library as shown by other UPnP control points.
04-01-2021, 17:45
@simoncn

Thank you. I stumbled across the folder view alternative after my posting and you have confirmed this.

So in general, Lumin App will do nothing with Index Value or Sort Value, but Display value is used by Lumin App?

For example, tagOptions such as "Album.sortTags={Album, Composer, Artist}" is a "don't care", but tagOptions such as "Composer.reverseName.display" do matter? IOW, Index Value, Sort Value are "don't care", but Display Value does matter?

I understand that the folder view in Lumin App is an alternative. I'm just wondering if the composer or albumartist tabs in Lumin App could be made more flexible. They don't appear to be.
04-01-2021, 19:07
There is a Lumin forum on AudioShark: https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/

Peter Lie, LUMIN Firmware Lead, is very responsive. You could try asking for composer reverse name display to be made an option in the Lumin app. Maybe there are several others who would be interested.
04-01-2021, 23:10
(04-01-2021 17:45)rodrigaj Wrote:  So in general, Lumin App will do nothing with Index Value or Sort Value, but Display value is used by Lumin App?

For example, tagOptions such as "Album.sortTags={Album, Composer, Artist}" is a "don't care", but tagOptions such as "Composer.reverseName.display" do matter? IOW, Index Value, Sort Value are "don't care", but Display Value does matter?

Yes, exactly as you have described.