Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem upgrading to 2.0.7
22-03-2020, 13:54
Problem upgrading to 2.0.7
Hi Simon

Trying to upgrade to 2.0.7 on a Melco N1 with 3.92 - update seemingly goes OK but Watch (also updated) cannot find server not can anyhting else.

I've just grabbed the log from the Melco and it seems not to have updated despite all. How can I proceed?

Creating minimstart.conf file
Creating minimserver.defaults file
Twonky is not running
+++ install.sh Sun Mar 22 11:46:34 GMT 2020
MinimServer 2.0.6 is installed
Stopping MinimServer process 1247
Forcibly stopping MinimServer process 1247
/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/bin/startd: line 135: 1247 Killed LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${MINIMDIR}/libsys" MINIM_LANG="${MINIM_LANG}" "${JAVAX}" ${JAVAOPTS} -jar "${MINIMDIR}/lib/m${ws}.jar" --launchrc --set watch.view=log --nohup ${MINIMOPTS} "$@" > "${OUTFILE}" 2>&1
+++ startd-exit.sh Sun Mar 22 11:46:48 GMT 2020
Updating MinimServer 2.0.6 to 2.0.7
No MinimServer instances are running
tar: can't open '/tmp/MinimServer/files/MinimServer-2.0.7-linux-armv7.tar.gz': No such file or directory
+++ start.sh Sun Mar 22 11:47:04 GMT 2020
find: `/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/data': No such file or directory
find: `/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/data': No such file or directory
/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/scripts/start-init.sh: line 75: /mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/etc/minimstart.conf: No such file or directory
+++ start.sh Sun Mar 22 12:04:34 GMT 2020
/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/scripts/start-init.sh: line 75: /mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/etc/minimstart.conf: No such file or directory
+++ start.sh Sun Mar 22 12:07:14 GMT 2020
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2020, 16:50
RE: Problem upgrading to 2.0.7
This appears to be a problem with the Melco firmware.

After this happened, did you attempt to start MinimServer manually from the Settings > Music Database > Media Server App menu? The log shows three attempts to do this at 11:47:04, 12:04:34 and 12:07:14.

What do you see for Version Check in the Settings > Music Database menu? Does this say 2.0.6 or 2.0.7?
22-03-2020, 17:22
(22-03-2020 16:50)simoncn Wrote:  This appears to be a problem with the Melco firmware.

After this happened, did you attempt to start MinimServer manually from the Settings > Music Database > Media Server App menu? The log shows three attempts to do this at 11:47:04, 12:04:34 and 12:07:14.

What do you see for Version Check in the Settings > Music Database menu? Does this say 2.0.6 or 2.0.7?

Yes, I did try to restart the server - the only response I can ellicit from Settings > Music Database is to restart the Media Server app > MinimServer - can't see a Version check at all.
David
22-03-2020, 19:41
I am sorry to say that the only way to recover from this is to do an Initialize Settings from the Melco front panel. You will lose your Melco configuration settings but you will not lose any data. After the N1 has restarted, you can reapply your previous Melco configuration settings and you can reinstall MinimServer 2.0.7. Your previous MinimServer configuration settings should be preserved.

I am not sure what caused this problem. The log that you posted contains some important clues (tar file not found) but there is no definitive proof of the cause. I will make some changes to the MinimServer installer that should prevent this happening in the future. I will also inform Melco what has happened.
22-03-2020, 23:26
Simon - just initialised the Melco which updated to MinimServer 2.0.7 with no issues - all now running again. Thanks David
23-03-2020, 12:05
Hi Simon

Spoke rather too soon there - system was up and running until I did a rescan which produced the following error log:

MinimWatch 2.0.7, Copyright © 2012-2020 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)
Java runtime options: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
Platform default charset is UTF-8
System look and feel is com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel
Active subnet is 192.168.1.0
Startup complete
starting MinimServer[Melco N1-210C]
MinimServer[Melco N1-210C] is running
starting MinimServer[Melco N1-210C]
MinimServer[Melco N1-210C] is running
Error 1 [Unknown] invoking GetAllPackageStatus on remote runtime monitor
Error 1 [Unknown] invoking GetProperty on remote runtime monitor

Any thoughts?
David
23-03-2020, 13:51
Is MinimServer running? You can find out by typing http://x.x.x.x:9790 into the address bar of a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your Melco.

If MinimServer is not running, what log files do you see in the MinimServer subfolder of the Melco shared folder?
23-03-2020, 16:02
Hi Simon - I've tried restarting MinimServer from the Melco front panel which seems to have done the trick but sadly has overwritten the previous log file, sorry. I've tried a rescan and that seems to be stable now - so once again I'm sorted but I'll let you know if there are any issues on the way.
David
23-03-2020, 18:14
Is a there a minimserver-crash file in the MinimServer folder? If MinimServer had crashed, this would normally be produced.
24-03-2020, 09:50
I've just checked - there's not. It's more like MinimServer were stopped by some process and as expected MinimWatch went blue (Mac) greying out all Server menus but not its own. The Error 1 (s) in the above log were all reported by Watch on my iMac. Sorry to be no more help - system seems stable and is running fine but I've a few things to add to the Melco and another rescan is due - I'll let you know if anything happens. Thanks David