Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing track
21-03-2020, 17:53
Missing track
I have an album with a track invisible to the control point. The track is on the Melco, its tags are correct, tracks either side of it on the same album are visible so I'm head scratching on this one. I would send it but it is a DXD WAV file of 1.95 GB. I have recently updated the tags on this album to add a LABEL tag but that has applied to all tracks on the album.
The Melco is a N1ZH/2 recently updated to EX f/w v4.01 and running MinimServer v2.0.6 update 154, control point is Melco HD app on iPad.

I have looked at the log file and discovered another oddity. Freshly updated files on a rescan throw a "Warning: form size extends past end of file in WAV file". These errors disappear on subsequent rescans, the log from the current rescan is error free.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2020, 18:14
RE: Missing track
Regarding the form size message, this file has an internal format error. What software was used to create it?

MinimServer has recovered from this format error. The inconsistency with not always producing the message is a known issue (see this post). I will look at this again and see what I can do.

Regarding the missing file, does it appear under [folder view]? Also, if your top-level index contains an [untagged] entry, does it appear there? Are there any log messages about this file when you do a rescan? What is the exact full filename of the file?
21-03-2020, 18:59
I have now found more invisible tracks. They are all large WAV files 1.9GB+. They all appear in folder view but the tags have not been read, only the filename is displayed and they play from folder view.
I use Metadatics on my Macs to do the file editing, I edit my master library on an SSD then sync to the Melco. This procedure has worked fine for years.
I think there may be a connection with the MinimServer refresh as similar sized WAV files that have not been updated recently are visible but my recent edits are not, I can't believe adding a LABEL tag would cause this.
Full filename: Internal/Music/Classical/Albums/Channel Classics/DXD/37119 Tchaikovsky Arensky/6_Chamber-Symphony-Moderato_stereoDXD.wav

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
21-03-2020, 19:03
Just had a look at the [untagged] entries. LOTS and various file sizes small and large, all updated recently and I would be very surprised if they do not have tags. I shall check this later this evening.

21-03-2020, 21:06
I have checked a selection of [untagged] files and they all are correctly tagged. They are all .wav files, my DSD files seem to be fine. I have found a smallish file (18MB) I could send to a dropbox if you like. I shall now power cycle the Melco to see if that changes anything.

21-03-2020, 21:11
WAV files can have tags in two formats: LIST/INFO or ID3v2. MinimServer only reads ID3v2. Can you check whether the files whose tags aren't being read are using LIST/INFO format?
21-03-2020, 21:13
Power cycling the Melco changes nothing, log files show no errors.

21-03-2020, 21:17
(21-03-2020 21:11)simoncn Wrote:  WAV files can have tags in two formats: LIST/INFO or ID3v2. MinimServer only reads ID3v2. Can you check whether the files whose tags aren't being read are using LIST/INFO format?
The wav files I have checked have both LIST/INFO and ID3v2 blocks of tags.
The LIST/INFO tags are right at the end of the file, the ID3v2 tags are just before LIST/INFO tags separated by a block of NULLs.

21-03-2020, 21:41
Please upload one of these files to my FTP server. I will PM you instructions for doing this. Many thanks.
22-03-2020, 09:26
A little more info. I have tried Minimserver running on my MacBook sourced from my master music SSD and the same files appear in the [untagged] section on the MacBook as appear on the Melco so I think that narrows it down to the file and eliminates the server.