Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several questions
14-03-2020, 08:55
Several questions
I must say I like what Minimserver has to offer but am a bit confused on how to achieve certain things. I looked at older posts on the settings in Minimwatch for classical music and followed most of them. I have spend whole days trying to figure out how to do things but.. So here goes:

I don't understand why I see each Compostion (on a certain Album) as a separate item when I view Albums. I would like to see all Compostions on the album in stead of the tracks.

What is the order of the filters when browsing the library?

Why is the Componist.reverseName working differently in Folderview than in Tagview?
Why does in Tagview the Componist.reverseName.display (without .index) option for Schubert, Franz result in Franz Schubert under F in stead of under S?

Can I set what Kazoo is showing ? I would to see Componist, Composition, Title (part of the Compostion) and Artist (as merged from Artist, Orchestra and Conductor).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2020, 12:09 (This post was last modified: 14-03-2020 12:19 by simoncn.)
RE: Several questions
(14-03-2020 08:55)swdick Wrote:  I must say I like what Minimserver has to offer but am a bit confused on how to achieve certain things. I looked at older posts on the settings in Minimwatch for classical music and followed most of them. I have spend whole days trying to figure out how to do things but.. So here goes:

Thank you for asking these questions. I will do my best to answer them and any other questions you might have.

Quote:I don't understand why I see each Compostion (on a certain Album) as a separate item when I view Albums. I would like to see all Compostions on the album in stead of the tracks.

For this, you need to use the Group tag. See this section for information. The Group tag often has the same value as the Work (or Composition) tag but this is not always the case, as the section explains..

Quote:What is the order of the filters when browsing the library?

It is the order you used in the indexTags property.

Quote:Why is the Componist.reverseName working differently in Folderview than in Tagview?

This processing is not applied in folder view, only in tag view. In folder view, you see the exact names of your folders and files.

Quote:Why does in Tagview the Componist.reverseName.display (without .index) option for Schubert, Franz result in Franz Schubert under F in stead of under S?

I tried this and it is working as expected. I think you must somewhere have a Composer tag of Franz Schubert as well as some tags of Schubert, Franz. There might be a message in the MinimServer log warning you about this.

Quote:Can I set what Kazoo is showing ? I would to see Componist, Composition, Title (part of the Compostion) and Artist (as merged from Artist, Orchestra and Conductor).

MinimServer cannot control what information Kazoo displays for an album or track but it can format the contents of the information that Kazoo chooses to display. For example, you can use the tagFormat property to merge Artist, Orchestra and Conductor tag values into the Artist value that MinimServer sends to Kazoo. See this section for details.
14-03-2020, 17:20 (This post was last modified: 14-03-2020 18:09 by swdick.)
Thanks a lot for your answers.
Concerning the Albumquestion: I don't understand. I would have thought that when I select the Album option I only see the available albums but in stead I also see Compositions on certain albums. The complete album is also shown and when selected I see all the tracks. I am certain that the separately shown Compositions have the Album tag for all tracks. I should only see Albums, shouldn't I?

The reversename option doesn't seem to work: I am sure that the Composer tag is set as Schubert, Franz. The tagOption is set as Composer.reverseName.display. Yet Schubert can only be found under the F even after I performed a rescan.
14-03-2020, 18:23
(14-03-2020 17:20)swdick Wrote:  Thanks a lot for your answers.
Concerning the Albumquestion: I don't understand. I would have thought that when I select the Album option I only see the available albums but in stead I also see Compositions on certain albums. The complete album is also shown and when selected I see all the tracks. I am certain that the separately shown Compositions have the Album tag for all tracks. I should only see Albums, shouldn't I?

What do you mean by the Album option? Can you post screenshots that show the problem?

Quote:The reversename option doesn't seem to work: I am sure that the Composer tag is set as Schubert, Franz. The tagOption is set as Composer.reverseName.display. Yet Schubert can only be found under the F even after I performed a rescan.

Are you only seeing this for Franz Schubert or for other composers as well? If it is only for Franz Schubert, it is definitely a tagging issue. What messages do you see in the MinimServer log when you do a rescan? You should do the rescan with the logging level set to Info.
14-03-2020, 20:24
Thanks. I'll have a second look at my tagging.
16-03-2020, 09:24 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2020 09:48 by swdick.)
It was my taggin. Sorry to have bothered you.

The Composer.reverseName.display tagoption does not work for me.
I have all the composers as LastName, FirstName but when selecting a Composer, I see only that in stead of FirstName Lastname.

When I add .index to the option it shows in the right order but under the first letter of the FirstName instead of that of the LastName for certain Composers but not for all.

So I now use as tagOption Composer.reverseName.display.index.
As an example I add a screen shot: I have all files as Brahms, Johannes/ Bach, Johann Sebastian/Janach├ęk, Leos/ Jenner, Uwe etc. Yet they show up under the letter J.

I do not use ComposerSort at all.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-03-2020, 10:17 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2020 10:28 by simoncn.)
The screenshot shows that this is working correctly for:

Janach├ęk, Leos
Jenner, Uwe

but not for:

Brahms, Johannes
Bach, Johann Sebastian

I think you will find this is another tagging issue similar to what caused the problem for Franz Schubert.

A simple way to find the incorrect tags is to do the following:

1) Remove the Composer.reverseName setting and restart MinimServer
2) In the Composer index, find Johann Sebastian Bach and Johannes Brahms
3) Selecting these will show you the files that are tagged incorrectly
16-03-2020, 11:22
That did the trick. I am again sorry to have bothered you. Thanks a lot.
16-03-2020, 12:05 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2020 12:09 by swdick.)
Next question:
There seems to be little relation between my tags and what Kazoo shows. As an exampl I show screenshot of Mp3tag and Kazoo for a certain album. Sometimes Kazoo seems to use filenames, sometimes the Composition tag, sometimes the title tag.
My tagging is Album, Composition, Title (the different parts of the composition). Kazoo doesn't seem to use Composition at all, but uses filename when there is no Title and Title if there is one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-03-2020, 12:47
The use of the filename in place of a missing Title tag is something that MinimServer is doing, not Kazoo.

I would not expect Kazoo to show the Composition tag value because this is not part of the standard UPnP metadata that the server sends to the control point.