Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server doesn't see certain albums
13-03-2020, 08:47
Server doesn't see certain albums
I am in the process of ripping my cd collection.
I check every now and then if Minimserver sees the new files. I restart Minimserver and can see most of the new files but some are not to be found in the control point (kazoo).
For instance: I ripped Die Winterreise (Christoph Pregardien) can see it in my Files but not in Kazoo when looking for Composition though the Composition tag is set to Winterreise. Cannot find the artist either.
It seems to depend on how I look in Kazoo: folderview or otherwise (?). I am confused here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2020, 10:02
RE: Server doesn't see certain albums
If you are seeing the Die Winterreise file when you select [folder view] in Kazoo, this means that MinimServer has found and scanned the file.

The first step is to look at the MinimServer log for warning or error messages. Do you see anything there that relates to this file?

Some other suggestions:

Try selecting the Composition tag and scrolling to the end of the list. There should be an entry named [unknown]. If you select this, does Die Winterreise appear in the list? If Die Winterreise appears in the [unknown] list, there is a problem with the Composition tag.

If this doesn't help, look at the end of the top-level index for an entry named [untagged]. If this is present and you select it, does Die Winterreise appear in the list? If Die Winterreise appears in the [untagged] list, there is a problem with the tagging of this file.
14-03-2020, 08:31
I don't know why but now it seems to work. I changed nothing in the Composition tag.
Can it be because I rescanned after emptying cache and memory of Kazoo?
14-03-2020, 08:54 (This post was last modified: 14-03-2020 11:51 by simoncn.)
In your first post, you mentioned restarting MinimServer. In you latest post, you said you did a rescan. After adding new music, you need to do a rescan. A restart is not sufficient to make the control point show the new music. I have tried to reproduce the problem using Kazoo and everything was fine after I did a MinimServer rescan.