Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decade and ReleaseDate tags
22-02-2020, 16:14 (This post was last modified: 22-02-2020 16:54 by stefano_mbp.)
Decade and ReleaseDate tags
Hello,

a few weeks ago I started to use Decade and ReleaseDate tags and I could find two "strange" behavior

1) Decade: I find in the log file many warnings like

Warning: sort value conflict for Decade filter 1920s
first conflicting value is '1928' in item 'Barcarolle, op. 60 In F-sharp major'
second conflicting value is '1927' in item 'Chanson de matin, Op. 15 No. 2'

This one of the many and is related to an Artur Rubinstein boxset where in the same disc you can find recording from different years.
It seems that the warning occurs if in the same disc different dates are defined.
In tag options I use this definition "Decade.decade.index"

2) ReleaseDate: everything works fine, I use it mainly for some remastered cd .... but if I use the year 2020 it do not work, I cannot find it anywhere.
The two albums in which I have used 2020 as ReleaseDate are found in the unknown folder as other album without and ReleaseDate defined

..... some more information

About the warning for Decade

The first item is from Rubinstein and the second is from Edward Elgar, so they are different albums (... it was a little bit difficult to find the exact album as the log in very informative....)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2020, 18:02
RE: Decade and ReleaseDate tags
To fix the sort value conflict messages, you should use Decade.decade.index.sort instead of Decade.decade.index.

I don't understand why ReleaseDate=2020 isn't working. Are there any warning messages in the MinimServer log when you do a rescan?
22-02-2020, 18:17
first of all I confirm you that Decade.decade.index.sort solved the Decade problem, thanks a lot!

about ReleaseDate there are no warnings at all in the log .... just done to verify the Decade issue, the log is empty, just showing Minimserver is running.
It is quite "odd" as ReleaseDate works for 2005, 2010, 2011 .... up to 2019 ....
22-02-2020, 18:24
Are you sure that the ReleaseDate=2020 tag has been added to your files? If you look at them with a tagging program, is it there?

There is a situation where a MinimServer rescan might not find a tag change if your tagging program has been configured to not update the file's timestamp when updating a file. In this case, you can override MinimServer's cached file data by setting startupScan to full and then doing a rescan.
22-02-2020, 18:55
maybe I've found the answer ....
I'm using Yate to tag my files and searching in the help pages I could find this:

FIELD: Release Time
PLIST KEY: releasetime
ID3 (AIFF, DFF, DSF, MP2, MP3, WAV): v2.4 TDRL, v2.3 TXXX:Release Time
Vorbis (FLAC, OGG, OPUS): RELEASETIME

then I checked the files for which it is working and they are all DSF, the files not working are FLAC ....
it seems that the mapping is different for DSF and Flac
then I defined in aliasTags "RELEASETIME:ReleaseDate" and ... it works!

thanks to your questions I found the way to solve the "issue"

Problem Solved, thank you very much!