I have a folder Cantates [Gardiner]
It has 56 subfolders
CD01 For Christmas Day BWV 63, 191
CD02 For New Year’s Day BWV 143, 41, 16, 171
etc..
till
CD56 For the Sunday after Christmas Day BWV 225, 152, 122, 28, 190

All flac files.
No flac file contains a cover inside the file (I have checked using Metadatics)
All subfolders contain a Cover.jpg file
When browsing the content of the top level folder, all subfolders images are correct

But when I open an album and look at the track images: CD01 is correct, CD02 is correct, CD03 has the image of CD02, and all other folders have the image of CD01

This whether I use Lumin, Teac HR Streamer (which is the same), or Kazoo control point...

I have reloaded the entire library, rescanned, etc... same phenomenon...

What could that be ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2020, 09:36
RE: Cover does not display properly
See this section for a description of how this works. Instead of naming each image cover.jpg, you need to give each disc a DISCSUBTITLE tag and name the image subtitle.jpg where subtitle is the value of the DISCSUBTITLE tag.
19-02-2020, 17:32 (This post was last modified: 19-02-2020 17:34 by lyapounov.)
(19-02-2020 09:36)simoncn Wrote:  See this section for a description of how this works. Instead of naming each image cover.jpg, you need to give each disc a DISCSUBTITLE tag and name the image subtitle.jpg where subtitle is the value of the DISCSUBTITLE tag.

Thank you Simon, I know what you mean.

But I realize I was not clear. So let me try to explain myself again:

1) each of the album has its own title (Bach Cantatas [Gardiner], Disc n where n is the disc number). So I don't use what you describe. Just imagine it is like having sub folders under a folder, and forget the fact that they are all part of a box set.

2) In my entire collection (roughly 6500 albums), this is the only place where the issue happens. Next to this, I have the same structure for the Cantata by Koopman, the same structure for the Cantata by Suzuki, the same structure for the Cantata by Harnoncourt, i.e. sub folders where each album has its own title, no cover inside the track, and each subfolder has its own Cover.jpg. Same for Beethoven symphonies, etc... you got it.

And it works well everywhere else except the Gardiner.

However, I did run a little test. I renamed one album title (I mean the title tag) from
Bach Cantatas [Gardiner], Disc 10
to
Bach Cantatas [Gardiner], CD 10

And for this album only, the proper cover is back.

So here is my interpretation: Minimserver scans the title, and sees "Disc xx" in the title
and therefore minimserver says "oh, I see the word 'Disc plus a number', therefore it must be part of a group" and as minimserver does not see a 10.jpg, minimserver ignores the Cover.jpg and uses whatever first cover it finds (still does not explain why album 2 is correct, album 3 has album #2 image and why all others have the album #1 image)

That is my only supposition at that stage.
19-02-2020, 18:16 (This post was last modified: 19-02-2020 18:17 by simoncn.)
The speical treatment of ", disc n" in the album title is described in this section. MinimServer automatically removes ", disc n" from the album title value, so all discs are merged into the single album "Bach Cantatas [Gardiner]" and do not have DISCSUBTITLE values. Because each disc does not have a DISCSUBTITLE value, it cannot have its own cover art file.

The simplest solution is what you have already tried: change the album title so that it doesn't end with any of:

[disc n]
(disc n)
, disc n

Each disc will then be treated as a separate album, like your other box sets.
19-02-2020, 20:03 (This post was last modified: 27-02-2020 18:39 by lyapounov.)
(19-02-2020 18:16)simoncn Wrote:  The speical treatment of ", disc n" in the album title is described in this section. MinimServer automatically removes ", disc n" from the album title value, so all discs are merged into the single album "Bach Cantatas [Gardiner]" and do not have DISCSUBTITLE values. Because each disc does not have a DISCSUBTITLE value, it cannot have its own cover art file.

The simplest solution is what you have already tried: change the album title so that it doesn't end with any of:

[disc n]
(disc n)
, disc n

Each disc will then be treated as a separate album, like your other box sets.

thx Simon

I was trapped in to the famous RTFM command
Cheers !

Serge