Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Favourite Albums using tags
14-02-2020, 13:23
Setting Favourite Albums using tags
I would like to be able to tag my favourite albums with a tag which can then be shown in my music server. This would basically be a subset of my Album list, which is currently over 500, but show as a separate tag listing only about 20 albums.

I am happy to update any of the ID3 tags to achieve this, but just not sure how to go about it or if it is even possible to achieve this?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2020, 13:48 (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 13:49 by simoncn.)
RE: Setting Favourite Albums using tags
There are two possible approaches for this.

1) Use the standard Rating tag which can be set to a range of values (more details later) from best to worst. You don't need to rate everything - it's fine to just rate your favourites.

2) Create your own new custom tag with whatever value you want. MinimServer provides a shortcut way to select a tag that has only one value (such as Favourite=1) by just selecting the tag name.

Which of these would you prefer?
14-02-2020, 14:25 (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 14:43 by orange55.)
RE: Setting Favourite Albums using tags
Option 2 sounds good.

Ideally I would have a tag which said 'Favourite', I click on that and it lists all of the albums with that tag with the picture of the album, as per the standard album view.

I have just done a test and added the custom tag as per your example above (Favourite=1), it shows but under Favourite it then has a folder called '1' and an 'Unknown'. I guess you how I should configure it to show correctly?

EDIT: Having read the manual, I have now worked it out. Favourite up and running. Thanks again Simon. Big Grin