Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist problem - plays each station on list in turn for few seconds
13-02-2020, 11:37
Playlist problem - plays each station on list in turn for few seconds
Hi can anyone advise.

I'm trying to get radio playlist to work using MCONNECT app to Devialet Phantom speakers.

The speakers just play each item in the playlist for a few seconds and then move on to the next station in turn. This is a problem with the Devialet speakers I think using my laptop and VLC it works fine and have tried MCONNECT with Sonos speakers and it works fine.

Any advice greatly received !

kantblue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2020, 13:34
RE: Playlist problem - plays each station on list in turn for few seconds
(13-02-2020 11:37)kantblue Wrote:  Hi can anyone advise.

I'm trying to get radio playlist to work using MCONNECT app to Devialet Phantom speakers.

The speakers just play each item in the playlist for a few seconds and then move on to the next station in turn. This is a problem with the Devialet speakers I think using my laptop and VLC it works fine and have tried MCONNECT with Sonos speakers and it works fine.

Any advice greatly received !

kantblue

A few questions that may help Simon help you.

What stations are in the playlist? An example might help.

What happens when the last station in the playlist is started?

Could you provide an extract from the MinimServer log file during the period the playlist is selected and subsequently skips between stations.

Ps - another Devialet Dos2 fault! Surely not. Angel
13-02-2020, 15:31
I use mconnect all the time and it will not work with my Sonos Play 1 at all on any content. However that is fine with me. It does work very well with my Lyngdorf MP-50 and I have no problem with Tidal, Minimserver or radio playlist.

Not sure that actually helps? :-)
13-02-2020, 16:04
Please post your radio playlist.
14-02-2020, 01:31 (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 01:33 by kantblue.)
(13-02-2020 16:04)simoncn Wrote:  Please post your radio playlist.

Hi Simoncn and Alandbush and Orange55 - thanks for the replies.
Alandbush: What do mean by suggesting that Devialet's Dos2 might have some problems Smile! Actually after a reset/restart it 'seems' reasonably stable - but I know this can change quickly !!

I will post log details shortly - this is all new to me - after the update from Dos1 I'm looking for a way to listen to my radio streams and so far only minimserver/streamer has produced any radio results - but actually Minimstreamer is working really well for my locally sourced music so I'd like to get the radio working if we can.

In terms of the files I've only tried the sample BBC HLS and DASH files from the Minimstreamer website and I suspect this might be the cause of the issues. If I play the last track in the list it plays for a few seconds and then stops - I suspect this is to do with Devialet not supporting this format.

I'm not sure how find information about other stations to list in the streamer files - is there a repository somewhere - I mostly listen to 'Classic FM' in the UK - but I'm not sure where to get hold of the information to add this to a file.

Apologies for the questions - this really is a steep learning curve for me!
cheers
kantblue
14-02-2020, 01:55 (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 01:59 by Alandbush.)
@kantblue

You can find more on logging at the MinimServer logging page.

This details the location of the log file and the verbosity of the contents.
Thoughtfully, there is an option to change the location, should it be easier to access.
This can be done more easily via options provided by the Minimwatch software. Minimwatch also allows direct access to the file and the verbosity options, but I think it is more difficult to subsequently copy the contents for attaching to the forum.

Good luck.

Edit: reading the user guide more carefully indicates that saving the contents of the log file from within Minimwatch is NOT difficult at all.
14-02-2020, 07:48
I would still like to see the exact radio playlist that you are using. This might provide some clues. Also, what setting (if any) do you have for stream.transcode?
14-02-2020, 10:03
I have to transcode the BBC radio stream otherwise my Lyngdorf steamer will not play them.

Here is my code from my playlist for BBC Radio 1

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[R1] BBC Radio 1
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man...o_one.m3u8

That get transcoded with the following setting in stream.transcode:

aac:wav24;96

FYI, I prefer the sound at wav24:96, but you could set this just to wav.

Hope that helps.
14-02-2020, 11:30 (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 11:55 by simoncn.)
This combination might not work with some renderers. This is because this combination does not send the stream type to the control point and renderer before the renderer starts playing the stream. There are other ways to do this that do send the stream type and this is why I asked the OP for this information.
15-02-2020, 19:39 (This post was last modified: 15-02-2020 19:41 by kantblue.)
Hi Simoncn
Attached is a short version of Radio list I am using - I have reduced it to two stations only as I'm hoping this will help.

I'm attaching the log that occurs when I select this playlist and start to play the first station on list. It only plays a few seconds of each station before moving onto the next station.

Thanks for your help - I hope I have provided you with the information you asked for?

kantblue

I don't have any setting for stream.transcode

Attached File(s)
.m3u  BBC Radio DASH test.m3u (Size: 294 bytes / Downloads: 9)
.log  logfile.log (Size: 318.61 KB / Downloads: 2)