Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date error due
05-02-2020, 23:24 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2020 23:24 by Ropet.)
Date error due
I though everything was OK now but a new error shows up on three album out of approximate 4,200. What they have in common is that they are dsf-files but I have about 100 albums more that to my eye looks the same. The data is what is downloaded from the supplier.

Obviously there are something that creates a DATE error message. But this I can't see any crazy things on the Lumin app. The dates (year) is ok in the app and no issue to play the files. Please note, it only appears on three album out of 4,200.

I need a hint on what to change (and how if it is more intricate).

.docx  Error log 20200205.docx (Size: 12.16 KB / Downloads: 9)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2020, 23:58
RE: Date error due
[quote='Ropet' pid='35265' dateline='1580941440']
I though everything was OK now but a new error shows up on three album out of approximate 4,200. What they have in common is that they are dsf-files but I have about 100 albums more that to my eye looks the same. The data is what is downloaded from the supplier.

Obviously there are something that creates a DATE error message. But this I can't see any crazy things on the Lumin app. The dates (year) is ok in the app and no issue to play the files. Please note, it only appears on three album out of 4,200.

I need a hint on what to change (and how if it is more intricate).

It should be YYYY-MM-DD instead of YYYY-DD-MM for the classical album
I am not sure about the other albums, perhaps a dash is causing this? (1958-)?
06-02-2020, 09:10
Yes, a dash at the end (1962-) will produce this warning. The valid formats are:

YYYY
YYYY-MM
YYYY-MM-DD

You will also get a warning if YYYY, MM or DD are zero.

Because this is warning (not an error), MinimServer has read the file and has preserved as much of the date as it can.
06-02-2020, 09:56
OK. Then this is explained. Then the problem is to find where to fix it. When looking into Mp3Tag I do not see this error. It says only "1962" below "Year" and then there is only the "Modified" date. When looking in the Extended tags there are no dash, months or days. The only place I see dates is in the file names ending with .dsf. Not only on these three albums.
06-02-2020, 10:18
Please upload one of these files to my FTP server. I will PM you the server details.
06-02-2020, 11:45 (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 11:49 by Ropet.)
Where to find your FTP? Is it the one I used last time?

Edit: I saw your message now...
06-02-2020, 11:59 (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 12:08 by Ropet.)
Files are sent...

Just to inform you; I changed the filename on the Coltrane album to Ballads (DSD) in Mp3Tag earlier today from the longer default one ”Coltrane_Quartet_Ballads_DSF_2822k_1b” you got previously. The problem with warning is the same.
06-02-2020, 17:54 (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 17:56 by Alandbush.)
(06-02-2020 09:56)Ropet Wrote:  OK. Then this is explained. Then the problem is to find where to fix it. When looking into Mp3Tag I do not see this error. It says only "1962" below "Year" and then there is only the "Modified" date. When looking in the Extended tags there are no dash, months or days. The only place I see dates is in the file names ending with .dsf. Not only on these three albums.

Is it possible that the Mp3Tag tag "Year" display box is too small to see the hyphen? If so, the size can be changed as follows:

- select 'Tools'
- select 'Options'
- select 'Tag Panel'
- highlight &Year and select 'Edit field'
- change 'Size of field' to Medium

Otherwise, you could simply apply a tag conversion within Mp3Tag as follows:

- select the track(s) to be converted
- right-click one of the tracks and select 'Convert' -> 'Tag - Tag'
- in the Field drop down list, select YEAR
- in the Format string box enter '$num(%year%,4)' (nb - without the quotes)
- select the 'Preview' button to view a text file showing the before and after tag value
- select 'OK' to save the tag values

This is a one-off conversion, i.e. any future tracks added into Mp3Tag with an invalid year will not be corrected.

EDIT:
My apologies for I have just re-read your post and I see that you examined the tag value via the Extended tags window.
The above is therefore not useful for your instance.
06-02-2020, 18:05
(06-02-2020 09:56)Ropet Wrote:  OK. Then this is explained. Then the problem is to find where to fix it. When looking into Mp3Tag I do not see this error. It says only "1962" below "Year" and then there is only the "Modified" date. When looking in the Extended tags there are no dash, months or days. The only place I see dates is in the file names ending with .dsf. Not only on these three albums.

I loaded a couple of .dsf files into Mp3Tag and noted that the tagging format was ID3v2.3. This means that the displayed 'Year' tag value is actually taken from the 'Year' tag, i.e. not mapped from another tag field.
I also noted, via the Extended Tag window, that there was also a 'Date' tag field.

In my tracks, the 'Year' tag contained the year 2009, the 'Date' tag contained the month and day 03-18.

If your tracks are similar, is it possible that Minimserver is complaining about the 'Date' tag value whilst still passing the 'Year' tag value to the control point?
06-02-2020, 23:13
Thanks for uploading the file. The problem is caused by the ID3v2.3 TDAT field in this file being set to four blanks.

To remove this incorrect TDAT field, do the following:

1) Open Mp3tag and select the file
2) In the menu bar, select View > Extended tags
3) The DATE field is shown with no value (actually, the value is four blanks, but this looks like no value)
4) Select the DATE field and click the red X
5) The DATE field is now shown with a value of < blank >
6) Click OK to save the file
7) The DATE field should now be completely removed. To confirm this, repeat step 2. There should be no DATE field in the list.