Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am new here and have some Question
03-02-2020, 17:39
I am new here and have some Question
1. for about a year I have been trying to set up multidisk in the Minim. It just does not work. I mean this should be put into the tag "tagFormat", especially behind the album date in brackets like "Help (1975) / Disk 1". It says:
album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ (^)}, title.displayFormat={$title^$composer^ (^)}, artist.displayFormat={$artist^$albumartist^ (^)}
All attempts have failed.

2. i want to create a folder like genre, artist, albums which shows me which albums were last put on the NAS.

3. I play my music on a LINN system. But now I want to play exactly that over a Raspberry. So exactly what is playing on the LINN is also playing on the Raspberry. Is that possible with Minim? Or does anyone have any tips?

I need help but exactly the instruction how to enter it. Not like the manual, where you can't do anything with it.

LP12 (New) - Kore- Ekos SE with Krystal - Urika - Radikal / QNAP TS 569 Pro (Minim) - Cisco - Friwo
Akurate Hub (Exakt) / Sneaky *** Akubarik Active (Exakt) - Silver Cable - 2 pair Sekret / Kan IV - Kiko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2020, 20:43
RE: I am new here and have some Question
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

(03-02-2020 17:39)JPO2005 Wrote:  1. for about a year I have been trying to set up multidisk in the Minim. It just does not work. I mean this should be put into the tag "tagFormat", especially behind the album date in brackets like "Help (1975) / Disk 1". It says:
album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ (^)}, title.displayFormat={$title^$composer^ (^)}, artist.displayFormat={$artist^$albumartist^ (^)}
All attempts have failed.

Where do you want to see this album+disk information? If you can post screenshots, this would help.

Quote:2. i want to create a folder like genre, artist, albums which shows me which albums were last put on the NAS.

This isn't supported at present. It is a planned feature for MinimServer 2. At present, I can't give a date for this.

Quote:3. I play my music on a LINN system. But now I want to play exactly that over a Raspberry. So exactly what is playing on the LINN is also playing on the Raspberry. Is that possible with Minim? Or does anyone have any tips?

A UPnP server such as MinimServer can't provide this on its own because it needs support from the renderer. To make this work with a LInn renderer, you would need an implementation of Songcast that runs on the Raspberry Pi. The Upmpdcli renderer runs on the Raspberry Pi and supports Songcast. See this section for more information.
04-02-2020, 10:19 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 10:20 by JPO2005.)
1. See Appendix. Preferably the disc number like disc 1 ... at the top below the album title.
If that doesn't work then to the right of the release date or to the right of the artist.

2. Would be great if that happened.

3. Thanks I will try.

LP12 (New) - Kore- Ekos SE with Krystal - Urika - Radikal / QNAP TS 569 Pro (Minim) - Cisco - Friwo
Akurate Hub (Exakt) / Sneaky *** Akubarik Active (Exakt) - Silver Cable - 2 pair Sekret / Kan IV - Kiko
04-02-2020, 11:04
Does this album have more than one disc? Are all discs tagged with the name Yeti and different DISCNUMBER tags?

If so, I would expect the list of albums to show a single Yeti album containing all discs, not separate Yeti discs. Was the page that you posted selected from this Yeti album page?
04-02-2020, 11:14 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 11:15 by JPO2005.)
The last 3 are on the 2nd CD and all tracks are in one directory.

04-02-2020, 11:46
I think I understand. You are seeing all tracks from both CDs on the same page. The title of the page can be customized but it cannot show disc 1 and disc 2 at the same time. You could customize the names of the tracks to include disc 1 or disc 2 or you could have the discs shown separately in the list instead of seeing a combined list of tracks from both discs.
04-02-2020, 11:51
(04-02-2020 11:46)simoncn Wrote:  .... or you could have the discs shown separately in the list instead of seeing a combined list of tracks from both discs.
Okay, and how do I do that exactly?

04-02-2020, 19:47
See this section for a full description of how MinimServer handles multidisc albums.

In summary, there are a few options for telling MinimServer to split the album into separate discs.

1) You could use a tagging program to add DISCSUBTITLE tags to the tracks in this album. If there are any DISCSUBTITLE tags in the album, it will be split. This means you could just add DISCSUBTITLE=Disc 1 to the first track and this would be sufficient to split the album and enable you to see the alternative layout that MinimServer produces when splitting an album into separate discs.

2) If you don't want to change the tags in your files, you could have a separate folder for each album disc and use [disc 1] and [disc 2] as a suffix to the folder names. For example, the folders could be named Yeti [disc 1] and Yeti [disc 2] or you could have any other names that end with [disc 1] and [disc 2]. You should leave the ALBUM tags as they are (Yeti with no suffix).

3) If you don'tr want to change your folder structure, you could use a tag update file (see this section) to add DISCSUBTITLE tags to the albums that you want to split into discs. For the Yeti album, this file would contain these lines:

@ALBUM=Yeti
&DISCNUMBER=1
+DISCSUBTITLE=Disc 1

You would need to repeat this for all albums that you want to split in this way.

In the future, I am planning to add an option to force this splitting for all albums in the library with no need to do 1), 2) or 3). This option is not yet available and it is likely to be available only in MinimServer 2.
05-02-2020, 05:13
Okay, one thing I don't understand, you have the tag DISKNUMBER and in the album the tag Disknummer (per mp3tag) is set to 1 etc, why can't I output it?

05-02-2020, 11:10
The tag is DISCNUMBER (not DISKNUMBER). You can output it but only for the title of the track, not for the title of the album as I thought you wanted. To show it for the title of the track, you can use

Title.displayFormat={$title^$discnumber^ / Disk }

You aso need to add Discnumber to the itemTags property.