Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlists
19-04-2013, 10:47
RE: Playlists
(19-04-2013 09:41)retraite Wrote:  Hi Simon. Sorry to be a nuisance, but getting the playlist function to work would sever my last tie to Twonky and allow me to use Minimserver exclusively.

You asked for my contentdir

There are two lines. The first is “/share/Multimedia/MC1/Popular and Jazz” and the second is “/share/Multimedia/playlists”.

I have been trying to create a trial playlist, using a single album (Jacques Loussier) via Playlist Creator, using the settings you recommended under playlist details, but with no other changes. Once created an m3u file appears in the directory, Kinsky lists that playlist, but shows no files within it. It also adds one to the number of playlists in the directory.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to you request for the “short extract” from the playlist, not least because I've already deleted it. I can obviously recreate it, but do you want the files, the m3u file or just a listing?

I regret I belong to a generation that thinks that “digital” is the nature of one's grip of the wine glass while listening to Vinyl.

Thanks again for your patience.

I think the problem is caused by your content directory settings. Please change this to the following single entry:

/share/Multimedia

If you now recreate the test playlist (.m3u file), it should work. If it doesn't work, please copy and paste the complete contents of the .m3u file here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 13:19
Your suggested change to the content directory has, as far as I can see so far, cleared the problem. The creation of new playlists using this and the method outlined yesterday is now working.

My thanks to you once again.
19-04-2013, 14:13
(19-04-2013 13:19)retraite Wrote:  Your suggested change to the content directory has, as far as I can see so far, cleared the problem. The creation of new playlists using this and the method outlined yesterday is now working.

My thanks to you once again.

I've been looking into this further, and I've found a bug in MinimServer that is preventing your original content directory settings from working. I'll fix this in the next release. Thanks for helping me find this problem.