Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot specify content directory
03-02-2020, 10:19
RE: Cannot specify content directory
Thanks very much for this. Please try using /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia in the contentDir field and let me know whether it works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2020, 23:00
(03-02-2020 10:19)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks very much for this. Please try using /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia in the contentDir field and let me know whether it works.
Error message now is...

Content directory isn't absolute: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia
04-02-2020, 10:42
(03-02-2020 23:00)TomP Wrote:  Error message now is...

This is definitely an absolute directory name for MinimServer running on a QNAP NAS. It would not be absolute if MinimServer were running on Windows.

Did you get this message when you typed /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia into the contentDir field or when you restarted MinimServer after doing this?

Did you use MinimWatch to set the contentDir property or did you use the MinimServer status web page?
04-02-2020, 11:36 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 12:18 by TomP.)
(04-02-2020 10:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 23:00)TomP Wrote:  Error message now is...

This is definitely an absolute directory name for MinimServer running on a QNAP NAS. It would not be absolute if MinimServer were running on Windows.

Did you get this message when you typed /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia into the contentDir field or when you restarted MinimServer after doing this?

Did you use MinimWatch to set the contentDir property or did you use the MinimServer status web page?

Minimserver is running on both my QNAP NAS. I used the web page to enter the path as I'm not sure how to open MinimWatch on my PC. I have not managed to open it and right clicking the icon gives just a tiny narrow options list and clicking any one does not open MinimWatch.

The music files are those backed up using HBS3 from my TS-253A so I attach a File Station snapshot. Although not on the shot, the 'latest' folder is the one where the Multimedia resides and can be used to play music.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-02-2020, 11:49
Did you by any chance type a space before /share?
04-02-2020, 14:28
(04-02-2020 11:49)simoncn Wrote:  Did you by any chance type a space before /share?

No I did not type a space and I just copied what you said. This is confirmed when I look in the MinimServer update directory box and just typed it again to confirm.

Any thoughts why I can't start Minimwatch on my Windows 7 PC?
04-02-2020, 20:34
If MinimWatch is running, there will be a small minim icon in your Windows system tray (taskbar notification area). This icon should be green, red, yellow or white. In any of these cases, right-clicking on the icon will show a menu that includes the Properties option. If the icon is grey, this means MinimWatch has not been able to find MinimServer for some reason and you will not be able to select the Properties option. If you have a grey minim icon, see this section for some suggestions.

I have checked the code in MinimServer very carefully and I don't understand how entering /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia in the 'Content directory' field of the MinimServer configuration web page and then clicking the Update button (is this what you did?) could produce the error message you are seeing. This message should only be produced if the contents of the 'Content directory' field don't start with a / character. This is why I asked if there might possibly be an unintended space before the /.
05-02-2020, 09:35
(04-02-2020 20:34)simoncn Wrote:  ...This is why I asked if there might possibly be an unintended space before the /.
I do have to apologise as the process of (repeatedly) copying your command line has indeed added a space, which when removed, does indeed allow successful entry of the directory update command line.

The command line I now have for the backup on my TS-251B is....

/share/Multimedia/Backup 1/latest/Multimedia

I also did a second hard reboot of my PC and now right click shows icons for both NAS and the MinimWatch window is displayed in full rather than just partially.

Thanks for your patient help.
05-02-2020, 11:16
I'm glad you have this working now. I am also pleased that it has not been necessary to add CACHEDEV1_DATA to your path to make it work.

In general, MinimServer strips leading and trailing spaces from all values entered but this was overlooked for the 'Content directory' field on the web page. I will fix this in a future update to MinimServer.