Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimwatch does not open in Mac
11-01-2020, 20:38
minimwatch does not open in Mac
Hello,

I am new to minim and try to install Minimwatch on my new macmimi. I have downloaded minimwatch and moved minimwatch to my applicationsfolder (as instructed on the website) but it won't open. I see the icon moving up/down but there is no opportunity to confirm that the application is save. Can someone help?
Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2020, 22:09
RE: minimwatch does not open in Mac
Have you installed Java as described in this section?
12-01-2020, 11:33
(11-01-2020 22:09)simoncn Wrote:  Have you installed Java as described in this section?

Yes all done
12-01-2020, 16:51
Please do the following:

1) In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
2) Enter the folder ~/Library
3) From this folder, select MinimWatch
4) In this folder, there should be a file named minimwatch-out.log
5) Post the contents of this file here
13-01-2020, 21:12
(12-01-2020 16:51)simoncn Wrote:  Please do the following:

1) In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
2) Enter the folder ~/Library
3) From this folder, select MinimWatch
4) In this folder, there should be a file named minimwatch-out.log
5) Post the contents of this file here

Sorry for my lack of understanding. What folder do you refer to? Minimwatch is now in my Apps folder and i see under locations MinimWatch-0.8.5.2-macos
Robert
13-01-2020, 21:56
I don't understand what you mean by "see under locations MinimWatch-0.8.5.2-macos". This is the name of the .dmg volume that is used to download MinimServer. After copying the MinimServer file to the Applications folder, you no longer need this .dmg volume and you should eject it in Finder.

Also, I don't understand what was not clear in my previous post. From the Finder menu, select Go. In the drop-down, select Go to Folder, then continue with the other steps. You don't need to look at the Applications folder.
14-01-2020, 19:41
(13-01-2020 21:56)simoncn Wrote:  I don't understand what you mean by "see under locations MinimWatch-0.8.5.2-macos". This is the name of the .dmg volume that is used to download MinimServer. After copying the MinimServer file to the Applications folder, you no longer need this .dmg volume and you should eject it in Finder.

Also, I don't understand what was not clear in my previous post. From the Finder menu, select Go. In the drop-down, select Go to Folder, then continue with the other steps. You don't need to look at the Applications folder.
OK thanks. I did not understand where to find the symbol you used before /Library, but now I found it. Thanks a lot for your help.
Robert
18-01-2020, 15:32
Were you able to find the minimwatch-out.log file? Did this contain any information that was useful for resolving the problem?
19-01-2020, 21:20
(18-01-2020 15:32)simoncn Wrote:  Were you able to find the minimwatch-out.log file? Did this contain any information that was useful for resolving the problem?

Thanks for your email. In minim watch-out.log i read that minimwatch startup is complete and minimserver is running. So, think that this is OK. However, when I click on minimwatch in my app folder it still does not open.
Robert
19-01-2020, 22:17 (This post was last modified: 19-01-2020 22:18 by simoncn.)
When MinimWatch is running, it shows a small icon with a musical note on the right-hand sde of the menu bar at the top of the screen. When you click this icon, you will see a pop-up menu with various options.