Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer library regularly disappears from menu
10-01-2020, 17:17 (This post was last modified: 10-01-2020 17:22 by kolo2000.)
MinimServer library regularly disappears from menu
Just started using MinimServer and love it. We moved from Plex as our library on the Cambridge Audio CXN V2 streamer kept regularly disappearing from the menu and losing contact w/ the server. Unfortunately, MinimServer didn’t solve the problem of the disappearing/reappearing library menu but we much prefer it to Plex and it would be perfect if we could figure out why the streamer and server have irregular contact. Restarting the NAS brings the library menu back temporarily. Our streamer is hooked up via cable to our Synology NAS (DS218+) and our router is the Starry Station from Starry Internet (a relatively new wireless broadband internet service only available in a few cities). I looked into disabling IGMP snooping but it’s not an option on the Starry router and UPnP was enabled by default. We access the library both using the CXN streamer remote or an Ipad/iphone via the Cambridge Connect app. The music server library disappears after about 20-30 minutes; however, the music that is in the queue continues and remains accessible until it is emptied. When the library menu disappears we’re not able to add music, just pause it, on both the streamer remote and iPad. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2020, 17:41
RE: MinimServer library regularly disappears from menu
From the symptoms you have described, this is definitely a UPnP multicast discovery problem. The UPnP protocol requires devices to regularly send special messages to keep the connection alive and it sounds like these messages are being blocked by your router.

Are you running MinimWatch as well as MinimServer? If so, does MinimWatch lose contact with MinimServer at the same time that your streamer loses contact? I am asking this because it would be possible to run debug logging on MinimWatch and MinimServer to see exactly what is happening on your network.
10-01-2020, 18:03
(10-01-2020 17:41)simoncn Wrote:  From the symptoms you have described, this is definitely a UPnP multicast discovery problem. The UPnP protocol requires devices to regularly send special messages to keep the connection alive and it sounds like these messages are being blocked by your router.

Are you running MinimWatch as well as MinimServer? If so, does MinimWatch lose contact with MinimServer at the same time that your streamer loses contact? I am asking this because it would be possible to run debug logging on MinimWatch and MinimServer to see exactly what is happening on your network.

Ok, will download and run MinimWatch when I get back home and report back. Thanks!
11-01-2020, 16:38
Hi Everyone,

I arrived home late yesterday to discover the spouse had fixed the problem. She figured out that the problem lay with the network streamer and did a factory reset and reinitialized the wifi network. The menu remained on yesterday evening and when we started it up this morning, it was still there and has been on for the last two hours. Thank you simoncn! Hopefully, this will remain stable but if not will use MinimWatch, which I've downloaded and installed, for debugging. Really enjoying the MinimServer.