Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property
10-04-2013, 16:49
RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property
(10-04-2013 16:20)bbrip Wrote:  What I was meaning with "not yet possible" is to display the artists as "firstname lastname" in that combined artist string when it has been ragged as "lastname, firstname". Creating the combined string itself works just fine.

OK, I understood that.

Quote:yes, I got multiple Soloists tagged. The results are a bit inconsistant here: Songbook just displays the first Soloist as part of the Artist listing. LUMIN lumps them all into one artist string... I think I need a break on this...

Very few control points support receiving multiple values as multiple XML tags. Most control points accept the first XML tag only and ignore all the others. Some might accept the last XML tag only. This is why MinimServer's default behaviour is to combine multiple values into a single XML tag.

A similar consideration applies to the 'role' attribute in the <artist> and <author> XML tags. Some control points ignore this attribute, and some control points accept specific values like "AlbumArtist" and "Composer" but ignore other values.

For control points that accept multiple XML tags and/or 'role' attributes, it's up to the control point how it presents these values to the user. This would be a useful discussion to have on the LUMIN app thread on the Linn forum.

Quote:my TagCustom contains the following:
Soloist.display.MultiTag, Genre.display.MultiTag, Soloist.displayRoles={artist}, Conductor.displayRoles={artist}, Composer.displayRoles={artist}

my TagFormat the following
Artist.displayFormat={$soloist$chorus$ensemble$orchestra$conductor}
(that string is being generated just fine - so no problem here)

These values look fine.

Quote:I have no aliasing set. as when I alias Soloist:Artist, I cant use that TagFormat string anymore (getting error)

I tried doing this aliasing, and I didn't get an error. Did you also remove Soloist from indexTags or itemTags? This would produce an error, because it would make the $soloist portion of your Artist.displayFormat setting invalid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 19:54
(09-04-2013 22:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 19:52)Cableguy Wrote:  Hi!

Thanks for the new release! Looks great.

I tried this tagOption:

Album.indexFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

And got a red icon, am I doing anything wrong?

Did you mean to use indexFormat or displayFormat? If you want to change the way albums are displayed when browsing, you should use the Album.displayFormat setting.
It doesn't work either, says it is an incorrect display format.

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}
10-04-2013, 19:59
(10-04-2013 19:54)Cableguy Wrote:  It doesn't work either, says it is an incorrect display format.

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

This exact string is working for me. You need to put it in the tagFormat property on the Advanced page. You also need to have Album and Date in either indexTags or itemTags.