Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property
09-04-2013, 15:58
RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property
(09-04-2013 13:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 12:52)bbrip Wrote:  I think that string "Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}" should only be in the tagFormat property. You've got it also in the tagCustom property - which doesnt look right if I read which values are allowed in there....

That's correct. Some earlier test builds had this in tagCustom, but it was moved to tagFormat for the final release. You should delete it from tagCustom and leave it in tagFormat.

Thanks,
After disabling and enabling minimServer in the it is now scanning my files.
Mario
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 16:15
(09-04-2013 14:33)bbrip Wrote:  Thanks Simon, that could be an option. I'll play around with that.

Just ran into another problem: After my "test-drive" on the PC I now wanted to install it on my ReadyNas NVX, but the "blue wheel" just keeps turning and doesnt come back.... See screen print attached.

UPDATE: Reloaded frontview, the previous MinimServer has disappeared, but the new one isnt on.... strange. Nothing in the logs.

UPDATE2: Just rebooted the NAS. Now MinimServer 0.70 shows up on the Addon-Page. So it is there. I dont know what happened but it did just seem to "hang up" during the install.

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't seen this on my Duo v2. I think it's more likely to be a FrontView problem than a MinimServer problem.
09-04-2013, 18:45 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 18:55 by bbrip.)
Sorry to be back, but I am still struggling to get 0.70 to run properly...

For some odd reason Minimserver only finds 6360 albums and 45084 items in my library, when it should find around 7770 albums and appr. 66000 items.

The log does'nt show anything catastrophic, a few double AlbumArtists, but they've always been there... and an odd playlist I cant make any sense of...

I'd be grateful for any advise on error logging or whatever to get this nailed down.

Thanks
bbrip
09-04-2013, 19:07
(09-04-2013 18:45)bbrip Wrote:  Sorry to be back, but I am still struggling to get 0.70 to run properly...

For some odd reason Minimserver only finds 6360 albums and 45084 items in my library, when it should find around 7770 albums and appr. 66000 items.

The log does'nt show anything catastrophic, a few double AlbumArtists, but they've always been there... and an odd playlist I cant make any sense of...

I'd be grateful for any advise on error logging or whatever to get this nailed down.

Thanks
bbrip

Is there any pattern to which albums and items are missing?
09-04-2013, 19:19 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 19:49 by bbrip.)
Haven't been able to figure out any pattern, its a bit hard to find out manually whats missing...

I am now running it on a windows PC against my full library now to see whether I get the same problem there. i'll report back.

UPDATE:
To add to the weirdness: The Windows version of 0.70 brings up all 7763 albums in their full glory! It still brings up the one odd playlist which I have no clue where its coming from (as I don't really work with playlists....), but I am sure I'll trace it down.

Back to the NAS: There might have something gone wrong on the Minim cache. Could you point to where that is stored? I'd then try to delete it and rerun Minim on the NAS.
09-04-2013, 19:52
Hi!

Thanks for the new release! Looks great.

I tried this tagOption:

Album.indexFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

And got a red icon, am I doing anything wrong?
09-04-2013, 21:48 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 21:50 by bbrip.)
(09-04-2013 19:19)bbrip Wrote:  Haven't been able to figure out any pattern, its a bit hard to find out manually whats missing...

I am now running it on a windows PC against my full library now to see whether I get the same problem there. i'll report back.

UPDATE:
To add to the weirdness: The Windows version of 0.70 brings up all 7763 albums in their full glory! It still brings up the one odd playlist which I have no clue where its coming from (as I don't really work with playlists....), but I am sure I'll trace it down.

Back to the NAS: There might have something gone wrong on the Minim cache. Could you point to where that is stored? I'd then try to delete it and rerun Minim on the NAS.

Just coming back on this one: I started from scratch, deleted Minim 0.70 from the ReadyNAS (incl. settings and caches) and afterwards reinstalled. This time the install worked without hang-up, However the problem of Minim not listing the full collection is still there. It again stopped exactly after the same number of albums and items as before, however no error message in the log to indicate the reason for it...

No idea whats going on... For now I run the windows version interimistically.
09-04-2013, 22:04
(09-04-2013 19:52)Cableguy Wrote:  Hi!

Thanks for the new release! Looks great.

I tried this tagOption:

Album.indexFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

And got a red icon, am I doing anything wrong?

Did you mean to use indexFormat or displayFormat? If you want to change the way albums are displayed when browsing, you should use the Album.displayFormat setting.
09-04-2013, 22:10
(09-04-2013 21:48)bbrip Wrote:  Just coming back on this one: I started from scratch, deleted Minim 0.70 from the ReadyNAS (incl. settings and caches) and afterwards reinstalled. This time the install worked without hang-up, However the problem of Minim not listing the full collection is still there. It again stopped exactly after the same number of albums and items as before, however no error message in the log to indicate the reason for it...

No idea whats going on... For now I run the windows version interimistically.

Please do the following:

1) Start MinimWatch
2) From the minim icon for the NAS, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, set the logging level to Trace
4) In the log window, press 'Clear'
5) Restart MinimServer on the NAS
6) In the log window, press 'Save as' to save the log to a file
7) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file and post it here

Thanks!
09-04-2013, 23:00
(09-04-2013 21:48)bbrip Wrote:  It again stopped exactly after the same number of albums and items as before, however no error message in the log to indicate the reason for it...

A common cause of missing albums/items is a mismatch between the locale charset on the NAS and the charset of your filenames and directory names. You can check the locale charset on the NAS by setting the logging level to Verbose and restarting MinimServer. You'll see a log message saying what locale charset MinimServer is using.

The recommended combination is to use UTF-8 for both the locale charset and the charset of your filenames and directory names.