Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer internal error: key not found for item
31-12-2019, 13:02
MinimServer internal error: key not found for item
Hi there,

I've a problem with minimserver. It stops running with the following error (see attached crashlog).

it would be nice if minimserver would not stop running after encountering an issue.

Best regards

SF

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver-crash-20191231-123747.log (Size: 6.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2019, 16:10
RE: MinimServer internal error: key not found for item
Thanks for letting me know about this problem. Problems like this are very unusual but unfortunately do happen occasionally.

The crash log file has been very useful for narrowing down what is happening but it doesn't contain quite enough information for me to identify the exact cause of the problem. If you could provide more information (see below), this would be very helpful.

1) It looks like this error happened while you were doing a UPnP search. Does this happpen every time you do a UPnP search? If not, are you able to make it happen again? What is the combination of circumstances that makes it happen?

2) The error message in the crash dump references an item (track) named 'The Walk'. When this crash happens, does the message in the crash dump always reference 'The Walk'? Is 'The Walk' part of a MinimServer group? an album? a disc of a multidisc album?

3) Does MinimServer produce any messages in the MinimServer log when this track 'The Walk' or its containing album is scanned?

If there is any more information that you can provide about what you were doing when the problem happened, this would be very useful.

Many thanks for your help with this.
01-01-2020, 14:24
Good morning and a happy new year Smile

1) Actually the crash occurs even if I do nothing but starting the minimserver. Actually I have experimented with some UPnP search functions a few days ago. I don't know if this is somehow related. All I do is starting the process, after a few seconds, the main process crashes (with log).

2) "The Walk" is just a song of the album "Greatest Hits" from "The Cure". I deleted the whole album, but now minimserver crashes at another album (Ghostbusters) ...

The Logfile entry while crashing looks like this:

Code:
MinimServer internal error: key not found for item Ghostbusters
org.jminim.LogErrorException: MinimServer internal error: key not found for item Ghostbusters
        at org.jminim.core.LogImpl.error(LogImpl.java:228)
        at com.minimserver.Server$Item.getKeyString(Server.java:12888)
        at com.minimserver.Server$ItemSearchContainer.searchPlaylist(Server.java:20140)
        at com.minimserver.Server$ItemSearchContainer.search(Server.java:20108)
        at com.minimserver.Server$ContentDirectoryProvider.doSearch(Server.java:21006)
        at com.minimserver.Server$ContentDirectoryProvider.search(Server.java:20917)
        at org.openhome.net.device.providers.DvProviderUpnpOrgContentDirectory1$DoSearch.ac​tionInvoked(DvProviderUpnpOrgContentDirectory1.java:1049)
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'

Strange thing is I'm not doing any search.

3) I have not seen any issues while scanning the files. Actually I was able to use minimserver with exact the same audio library for a few days.

I'm, running minimserver on an Ubuntu Linux. I have even deleted the whole installation and reinstalled it. Same error ...

Best regards

SF
01-01-2020, 18:29
Happy New Year to you as well!

Thanks very much for this additional information. It sounds like the search request is being sent automatically by your control point. The problem might be caused by a timing issue with the control point issuing a search request before MinimServer is ready to process it. Which control point are you using?

To confirm whether this is the cause of the problem, I would need to see a debug log. Please do the following:

1) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug
2) Stop and restart MinimServer
3) When MinimServer crashes, zip the minimserver.log file (it will be large)
4) Attach the zipped log file to a post here
5) If the zipped log file is too large to attach, I can send you instructions for uploading it to my FTP server

Thanks very much for your help with this.
02-01-2020, 10:23
Hi,

I have attached - from my perspective - the important part of the log file ... If you need more, please tell.

The IP address of the device which is initiating the search belongs to my TV (LG OLED C-Series 2018 model). The TV apparently scans discovered DLNA / UPnP Resources on his own.

SF

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver_debug.log (Size: 9.68 KB / Downloads: 2)
02-01-2020, 10:41
And yes, It's reproducible:

1) TV is off (standby)
2) restart minimserver
3) server is running and is fully functional
4) power on the TV
5) press the "select input" button.
6) Other media-server actually show up, but not minimserver
7) minimserver produces a crash-file
02-01-2020, 12:38
Thanks for this information and the log extract.

To get a full picture of what is happening, I need to see the complete debug log file. I will send you a PM with details of how to upload this file to my FTP server.
06-01-2020, 10:24
I've sold this issue by setting the

Code:
contentDir

to a temporary location and back to the music library. This issue is gone now.