Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Radio
04-01-2020, 12:26 (This post was last modified: 04-01-2020 13:48 by simoncn.)
RE: Internet Radio
You can play the radio stations from your Melco. Just copy the BBC Radio folder and its contents to the Melco and do a rescan on the Melco. You don't need to change the Melco contentDir settings. You will need MinimStreamer installed on the Melco. As well as being more convenient, this should improve sound quality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2020, 13:26
Well that would really put the icing on the cake for me. I will give that a go.
Cheers
04-01-2020, 15:48
Okay, having now just opened minimserver on the Melco using the minimwatch icon on my laptop and confirmed that I do have minimstreamer installed, I cannot see any obvious way to create a new folder on the Melco in order to copy over the BBC radio folder and files.

How do I do this please.
04-01-2020, 16:31
1) On your Windows PC, open a new Windows Explorer window, type \\x.x.x.x into the address bar where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the Melco (displayed on the Melco front panel), then press Enter.

2) This should show a window containing a folder icon named Share. Double-click this icon. You will see all the folders that you currently have on the Melco.

3) Open another window in Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder that contains your BBC Radio folder, right-click the BBC Radio folder and select Copy. In the Melco window (see step 2), right-click anywhere and select Paste. You should now see the BBC Radio folder in the list of folders on your Melco.

4) Do a MinimServer rescan on the Melco.
04-01-2020, 17:46
Amazing! 'Tis a wondrous thing this computer based music system!

So frustratingly easy when you know how Big Grin