Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1621 error (Sountouch 10) for some albums and not others
28-12-2019, 23:30
Music 1621 error (Sountouch 10) for some albums and not others
I have successfully been using MinimServer (MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 133) with my QNAP NAS (TS-453BT3 Firmware 4.4.1.1146) and Bose Soundtouch 10. Most of the content (.FLAC) plays fine, however, some artists (Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats in particular) returns an error 1621 via the Bose App. The same content does play from the standard QNAP DLNA server.

If it assist, I've attached a log file from when I attempted to play Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2019, 08:38
RE: 1621 error (Sountouch 10) for some albums and not others
This log file would be very helpful but there is no log file attached to your post. To add a file attachment, you need to click the Add Attachment button after selecting the file.
29-12-2019, 09:08
(29-12-2019 08:38)simoncn Wrote:  This log file would be very helpful but there is no log file attached to your post. To add a file attachment, you need to click the Add Attachment button after selecting the file.

Sorry about that. Hers the log

Attached File(s)
.log  11229minim.log (Size: 45.96 KB / Downloads: 7)
29-12-2019, 18:11
It looks like the URLs that MinimServer generates for streaming the tracks in this album are too long for your Bose player. This is a known issue with some players that limit the maximum length of URLs that they can handle.

MinimServer URLs are created from the full path of the track file with special characters replaced with escape sequences. For example, here is the URL for the first track:

http://10.1.1.4:9790/minimserver/*/Shared*20Music/
Nathaniel*20Rateliff*20*26*20the*20Night*20Sweats/
Nathaniel*20Rateliff*20*26*20the*20Night*20Sweats/
01*20-*20Nathaniel*20Rateliff*20*26*20the*20Night*20Sweats*20-*20I*20Need*20Never*20Get*20Old.flac

The folder structure that has produced this URL looks a bit strange. Underneath the folder 'Shared Music', there is a folder named 'Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats'. Underneath this folder, there is another folder with exactly the same name 'Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats'. If you eliminate this second-level folder with the same name, this will shorten the URLs for the tracks in this album and this should enable your Bose player to play the tracks. You need to do a MinimServer rescan after you have changed the folder structure.
29-12-2019, 23:31
Thanks for your response and it is kinda what I was expecting. However, what confued me is that with other servers (Plex and QNAP DNLA) they do play so they must be managing their adressing in a different manner.

The file structure that I'm using is <Artist><Album><Track>. In the case presented it is a self titled aibum hence: <Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats><Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats><I Need Never Get Old>
29-12-2019, 23:33
actually lookking at your post more carefully, I've named the track itself weird.

Sorry to trouble you with my own stupidity.
30-12-2019, 08:46
The other servers that you mentioned don't produce this error because they use shorter URLs containing database indexes to identify the tracks. MinimServer doesn't have a database.

If you come across this problem with other files that are named correctly, the only solution is to shorten the names of folders and files that produce long URLs while leaving the tags for Artist, Album, Title, etc. inside the files unchanged.