Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
java.nio.file
28-12-2019, 14:43
java.nio.file
I've installed minimserver which is running, but can't search the folders.Here's the log.

Any help please?

MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 133, Copyright © 2012-2019 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode, sharing)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
Language setting is 'eng'
Current time is Thu Dec 26 17:21:16 GMT 2019 in time zone Europe/London
starting MinimServer[user-PC]
Warning: error scanning file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Music': java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\user\Documents\My Music
Warning: error scanning file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Pictures': java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\user\Documents\My Pictures
Warning: error scanning file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Videos': java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\user\Documents\My Videos
MinimServer[user-PC] is running
Startup complete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2019, 19:02
RE: java.nio.file
You have set your contenDir property to look for folders owned by the user whose username is 'user'. Is this your correct username?
28-12-2019, 19:53
Yes I never changed it when I got the computer.
29-12-2019, 08:35
How are you starting MinimServer? Are you logged in as username 'user' when you start MinimServer or are you logged in as some other username? Have to set up your computer to start MinimSever automatically? If MinimServer is running under some other username, it will not be able to access these folders.
29-12-2019, 10:49
There's no other account only 'user'. MinimServer starts automatically. Are you thinking I should set up another account and start again?
29-12-2019, 17:45
This can be made to work with no need for an additional user account but you will need to change how you are starting MinimServer automatically. You are currently starting MinimServer in a way that does not run MinimServer as a process owned by username 'user'. How exactly have you set up the machine to start MinimServer automatically?
30-12-2019, 11:38
I have no idea
30-12-2019, 18:34
OK, this means we need to find another way to solve the problem. Where on your computer is your music located and what do you have set for the contentDir property of MinimServer?
30-12-2019, 22:44
contentDir is set for c:\Users\user\ music. That,s where the music is located
31-12-2019, 11:24
The normal way to start MinimServer is either by double-clicking the desktop MinimServer launch icon or by selecting MinimServer from the Start menu. In either of these cases, MinimServer would have access to the C:/users/user/Music folder and would be able to find your music.

Because you are starting MinimServer in some other way, MinimServer does not have access to the C:/users/user/Music folder. If you cannot change the way MinimServer starts, you would need to move your music to some other folder and change the contentDir setting to this other folder.