Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more time jump within a track?
23-12-2019, 08:56
No more time jump within a track?
Hello,

unfortunately since reinstalling (newest Version Update 133 for an Intel-Model) Minimserver on my Synology Nas with DSM 5.2 it is no longer possible for me to jump within a song / track at a desired time.

I use BubblyUPnP as a player on my mobile phone.

With the original media server from Synology in connection with BubbleUPnP this works without problems!

How can I fix it?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings
Infosucher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2019, 10:13 (This post was last modified: 23-12-2019 10:14 by simoncn.)
RE: No more time jump within a track?
There are no changes in update 133 that could cause this problem.

Are you using MinimStreamer as well as MinimServer? If so, what is your setting for stream.transcode?

What type of file are you playing when you have this problem (for example, FLAC, MP3, WAV, ALAC)?
23-12-2019, 11:34
(23-12-2019 10:13)simoncn Wrote:  There are no changes in update 133 that could cause this problem.

Are you using MinimStreamer as well as MinimServer? If so, what is your setting for stream.transcode?

What type of file are you playing when you have this problem (for example, FLAC, MP3, WAV, ALAC)?

Thank you for your answer.

I use only the MinimServer on my Synology Nas. The type of file is a MP3.

But I did try. When I play a flac file, BubbleUPnP plays it as an MP3 file. If I go into the metadata and open the flac file directly via the link, then I can use time jump into the track. What can it be?

Thank you.

Greetings
Infosucher
23-12-2019, 11:44
Now I have tried even more and found that it is basically not the case with all MP3 files. Some jump in time and some don't. With the original Synology media server, however, the time jump in the track works for all files.

Greetings
Infosucher
23-12-2019, 12:09 (This post was last modified: 23-12-2019 12:12 by simoncn.)
To investigate this further, I would need to look at one of the MP3 files that does not jump in time. I have sent you a PM with details of how to upload this file to my FTP server. If you can also upload one file that does jump in time with MinimServer, this would be helpful.
23-12-2019, 14:02
(23-12-2019 12:09)simoncn Wrote:  To investigate this further, I would need to look at one of the MP3 files that does not jump in time. I have sent you a PM with details of how to upload this file to my FTP server. If you can also upload one file that does jump in time with MinimServer, this would be helpful.

Ok, upload done. You habe a new PM.

Thank you.

Greetings
Infosucher
23-12-2019, 21:20 (This post was last modified: 23-12-2019 21:21 by simoncn.)
Thanks for uploading these files. I am not seeing the problem. With both of these files and using BubbleUPnP as both the control point and the player, I am able to skip forward from just after the start of the track to just before the end. Do you see something different when you try this?
23-12-2019, 22:24
Now it's getting interesting. At home in the WLAN I have no more problems. Earlier I was on the road all the time and had no WiFi. It is really very strange.

Greetings
Infosucher
24-12-2019, 09:01
When you are on the road, are you using BubbleUPnP Server to access your MinimServer library? This might be related to the problem.
27-12-2019, 11:06
Hi there,

Christmas is now over and I can go back to my everyday problems. ;-)

Yes, I use the BubbleUPnP server on the go. I probably just didn't notice it before and I'm only now noticing it. What access options do I still have to access the mini server with BubbleUPnP on the go?