Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Licence glitch
04-04-2020, 15:15
Licence glitch
Simon
It gets worse (see previous post). Now, the "old" installations have the unwanted tags in them which I had previously removed, yet they do not show in Properties. All a bit of a mess!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2020, 15:28
RE: Licence glitch
Please provide more information about this problem. What are the "old" installations? Have you made a recent change that has caused this problem? If so, what change did you make?
04-04-2020, 16:49
Sorry Simon, my first post didn't get through. It went something like this:-

I've used (and donated to) Minim for some years. I decided to install Minim 2 and bought a licence for three machines. I installed, no problems and my preferences came through from Minim 1 OK. We decided that we would put Minim on my wife's machine again so I uninstalled one from one of mine (we're in the same house!) - so we're down to two at this point - and installed Minim2 on hers, replacing her Minim1. So now we are back up to installation on three machines. But her machine only has the Basic Minim2 and I cannot adjust it to get rid of a load of tags, for example, she doesn't use and finds irritating.
So, I unistalled on hers and went back to Minim1 there (and this is where my second note comes in) but this now does not have her old preferences which appear to have been lost.
I have multi licence versions of other programs eg Bit Defender and when you stop using it on one machine you can uninstall there and transfer its licence to a new machine eg a new computer. I think we need this. Essentially, at the moment, I've paid for licences for three machines and am now getting only two!
Thanks for your speedy response as always
04-04-2020, 20:12
Installing/uninstalling MinimServer and activating/deactivating the full license are not the same thing.

To free up the full license for use on another machine, you need to deactivate the full license before uninstalling MinimServer 2.

Which platforms (Melco, Windows) are you and your wife using to run MinimServer 2?
04-04-2020, 21:57 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020 22:00 by Anna Count.)
Thanks
We use Windows 10 for all our stuff.
So how do I de-activate the licence on the "spare" machine? Am I right to assume I only need to de-activate the one I am deleting it from and not the other?
04-04-2020, 22:17
If you can reinstall MinimServer on your "spare" machine and deactivate the license, this will free up the license for your wife to activate on her machine. To deactivate the license, you need to open the MinimServer configuration page at http://x.x.x.x:9790 where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the "spare" machine, then select the License tab followed by Deactivate full license. You don't need to uninstall MinimServer from the "spare" machine after doing this as this machine will be using MinimServer 2 Starter Edition and this doesn't require a license. Also, you don't need to do anything on your other two machines.

If this isn't possible for some reason, please use the Contact form on this page to send me the email address that you used to create the license and I will provide further assistance by email.

I will also modify the Windows uninstall process to show a suitable message when a user tries to uninstall MinimServer without first deactivating the license.
05-04-2020, 14:36
Simon
Many, many thanks for your help. Followed the advice and all sorted and working fine now. Very grateful