Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag: TKEY (InitialKey)
03-12-2019, 13:51
Tag: TKEY (InitialKey)
For classical music I (often) tag the (initial) key the work is written in. For mp3-files I use the tag-name TKEY (as the standard defines, http://id3.org/d3v2.3.0). For flac-files I use INITIALKEY. (Actually I simply use mp3tag: %initialkey%, and those are the tag-names I end up with. But to me it seems, that's what the mp3-tagging standard provides for, as far as mp3-files are concerned.)

In the properties of MinimServer I have included "Initialkey" in the indexTags list. That works fine for flac-Files, but not for mp3s.

Everything else I have tried did not work either (esp. not Tkey, or Key), and I did not find any other hints on how to access tkey-field. On the contrary the list of tag mappings (https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#Tag%20mappings) does not include TKEY.

Could you add TKEY or tell me how to access it? (I know, I could invent some new tag name for both mp3[TXXX:...] and flac and use that, but I would rather stick to the common way of tagging key.) - THX!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2019, 16:11 (This post was last modified: 03-12-2019 17:06 by simoncn.)
RE: Tag: TKEY (InitialKey)
MinimServer is not currently reading or mapping the TKEY tag, so to make this work you would need a TXXX tag such as TXXX:INITIALKEY. I will look into adding a mapping for TKEY in a future version of MinimServer.
03-12-2019, 16:42
Thank you for the quick answer! It would be great if you could add it in a future version.
14-12-2019, 21:49
This change is now available in MinimServer update 132.
14-12-2019, 22:30
Great, thank you very much!
At first I still only saw a few key-entries from mp3-files and rescanning did not help. But after I renamed my whole directory structure and gave minimserver a dummy directory (to clear the cache) and then returned to my old structure and rescanned, minimserver has all the data now. Works great.
14-12-2019, 23:26
The recommended way to rescan without using the cache is to change the startupScan property to full and then do the rescan. After this, you should set startupScan back to the default setting of true.
17-12-2019, 08:43
OK, thx.