Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer not showing as renderer
04-12-2019, 23:22
MinimServer not showing as renderer
Having problems getting MinimServer to show as a renderer on my BubbleUpNp remote. My other Amazon devices keep showing up. I removed and reinstalled Minim on the Melco. When I look at the files in the share section. Everything looks good except for a bunch of DSD files that give the following error Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-07 in file import/all/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/01 - Montezuma.dsf. My Amazon fire devices and the Melco with PS Audio DAC are the only things showing up in the renderer column. Minim does show up in the file section.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2019, 00:29
RE: MinimServer not showing as renderer
(04-12-2019 23:22)Desmal Wrote:  Having problems getting MinimServer to show as a renderer on my BubbleUpNp remote. My other Amazon devices keep showing up. I removed and reinstalled Minim on the Melco. When I look at the files in the share section. Everything looks good except for a bunch of DSD files that give the following error Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-07 in file import/all/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/01 - Montezuma.dsf. My Amazon fire devices and the Melco with PS Audio DAC are the only things showing up in the renderer column. Minim does show up in the file section.

Thanks

Assuming that you are using the term renderer correctly, then you misunderstand what MinimServer provides.

The control (BubbleUPNP) requests information about audio files from a media server (MinimServer) to display as appropriate, eg. Artist or Album etc.
Once an audio file is selected to play, the control (BubbleUPNP) instructs a renderer (Fire or DAC) to request an audio file from a media server (MinimServer). The audio file is then served by the renderer (Fire or DAC) to the audio system.

All looks good as long as you select either your Fire or DAC as the renderer.
05-12-2019, 13:39
(05-12-2019 00:29)Alandbush Wrote:  
(04-12-2019 23:22)Desmal Wrote:  Having problems getting MinimServer to show as a renderer on my BubbleUpNp remote. My other Amazon devices keep showing up. I removed and reinstalled Minim on the Melco. When I look at the files in the share section. Everything looks good except for a bunch of DSD files that give the following error Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-07 in file import/all/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/Chesky - Bob Belden - Mysterious Shorter/01 - Montezuma.dsf. My Amazon fire devices and the Melco with PS Audio DAC are the only things showing up in the renderer column. Minim does show up in the file section.

Thanks

Assuming that you are using the term renderer correctly, then you misunderstand what MinimServer provides.

The control (BubbleUPNP) requests information about audio files from a media server (MinimServer) to display as appropriate, eg. Artist or Album etc.
Once an audio file is selected to play, the control (BubbleUPNP) instructs a renderer (Fire or DAC) to request an audio file from a media server (MinimServer). The audio file is then served by the renderer (Fire or DAC) to the audio system.

All looks good as long as you select either your Fire or DAC as the renderer.
05-12-2019, 13:45
The Melco is actually a music server. It was working fine previously. On my BubbleUpNp android remote, MinimServer showed as a renderer and as a library. Now the MinimServer still shows as a library, but not as a renderer. The Melco and my PS Audio DS DAC show under the renderer setting and will not work this way. I can't even access the library. Hope this explains it better.
05-12-2019, 18:41
The Melco can act as either a server or a renderer (or as both). It acts as a renderer if you have a USB DAC attached. Is the PS Audio DAC attached to the Melco using a USB cable or is it connected your network via Ethernet?

You have said that MinimServer shows as a library and also that you can't even access the library. What do you mean by "can't access the library"? If MinimServer shows as a library, what happens when you try to open the MinimServer library to browse it?

As Alandbush has said, it is not possible for MinimServer to show as a renderer, so this could not have happened previously. Can you post screenshots that show the problem you are having?
05-12-2019, 19:02
Yes, I am using the Melco with the PSA DS via USB cable. Like I said, it was working previously and something happened, so I initialized the settings on the Melco and installed MinimServer using the full install for the Melco. I see Minimserver in my network and I see all the music in the share folder. I just don't see the music library using my android remote.
05-12-2019, 20:48
I am not quite sure what you mean by seeing MinimServer in your network. Is this the Network location in Windows Explorer?

If you haven't already done this, try powering off all your audio equipment and network equipment and powering it on again in this order:

1) The router (then wait 5 minutes)
2) Any other switches or wireless access points (if you have them)
3) Your Melco and the PS Audio DAC (then wait 5 minutes)
4) The Android device running BubbleUPnP

After this, does MinimServer show up as a library in BubbleUPnP?
05-12-2019, 22:34
(05-12-2019 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  I am not quite sure what you mean by seeing MinimServer in your network. Is this the Network location in Windows Explorer?

If you haven't already done this, try powering off all your audio equipment and network equipment and powering it on again in this order:

1) The router (then wait 5 minutes)
2) Any other switches or wireless access points (if you have them)
3) Your Melco and the PS Audio DAC (then wait 5 minutes)
4) The Android device running BubbleUPnP

After this, does MinimServer show up as a library in BubbleUPnP?
05-12-2019, 22:39
I initialized the settings on the Melco once again and reinstalled MinimServer. I also reinstalled Java. Seems to be working fine at the moment. I checked the install on share page and all of the warning files that were there before are gone.
Thanks for all the help.