Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes Playlist
01-12-2019, 13:20
iTunes Playlist
I'm using MinimServer on a Synology RS214 NAS with a dCS Network Bridge as the streamer device. The Bridge can see and play my music files. It also sees playlists exported from iTunes to M3U files (and stored in Music\Playlists on the NAS), but it can't see the contents of the playlists.

Here is a sample of the opening lines of a playlist:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:307,Nathan Road - Acoustic Alchemy
\\RACKSTATION\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Acoustic Alchemy\AArt\12 Nathan Road.aif

Is there something wrong with this? Incidentally, if I use Synology's own media player, the Bridge can read the playlist (but other functionality is not as good as that of MinimServer).

Incidentally, following suggestions elsewhere, I've tried replacing back slashes with forward slashes, and also replacing the name RACKSTATION with Volume1. I've also tried creating M3U8 playlists. No change.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2019, 16:08
RE: iTunes Playlist
You are using a Windows-style path for the file. As the NAS is runing Linux, you need a Linux-style path. The following should work:

/volume1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Acoustic Alchemy/AArt/12 Nathan Road.aif

Note that volume1 has a lower-case v at the start.
05-12-2019, 09:43
RE: iTunes Playlist
(01-12-2019 16:08)simoncn Wrote:  You are using a Windows-style path for the file. As the NAS is runing Linux, you need a Linux-style path. The following should work:

/volume1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Acoustic Alchemy/AArt/12 Nathan Road.aif

Note that volume1 has a lower-case v at the start.

Ah, caught by the lower-case v. Now it works. Thank you.