Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver reading snapshots on QNAP NAS
25-11-2019, 04:13
Minimserver reading snapshots on QNAP NAS
Hullo,
I wonder if someone could help me; I am a new Minimserver user, installed on a QNAP NAS (with Minimwatch on my Ubuntu desktop).
When the NAS takes a snapshot, Minimserver reads it somehow and lists each track in my library again... I am now up to four "duplicates" of each track; if I try to play an album it plays each movement four times Huh
Is there a way to restrict the scan to the Music folder and ignore the snapshots?
In the meantime I turned off snapshots and deleted them, a rescan brought me back to normal.
Cheers
Daniel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2019, 07:21
RE: Minimserver reading snapshots on QNAP NAS
Hello,

to answer your question I would like to know

- in what path are your music files?
- in what path are your snapshots?
- what path is configured in MinimServer for your music files?

Kind regards
steamfan
16-03-2020, 13:07
I would also like to know how to exclude QNAP snapshots from Minimserver.
I have a shared folder called Music
Recycle bin is NOT enabled in Filestation but Minimserver is still reading the following:
http://192.168.0.250:9790/minimserver/*/...CYCLE.BIN/
16-03-2020, 15:23
(16-03-2020 13:07)Spile Wrote:  I would also like to know how to exclude QNAP snapshots from Minimserver.
I have a shared folder called Music
Recycle bin is NOT enabled in Filestation but Minimserver is still reading the following:
http://192.168.0.250:9790/minimserver/*/...CYCLE.BIN/

You may be able to exclude the offending folders via excludePattern option.
16-03-2020, 15:31
(16-03-2020 15:23)Alandbush Wrote:  You may be able to exclude the offending folders via excludePattern option.
Thanks for the reply.
I've installed MinimWatch and temporarily turned off my firewall in order to add
$RECYCLE.BIN to the excludepattern field.
16-03-2020, 16:15
(16-03-2020 15:31)Spile Wrote:  
(16-03-2020 15:23)Alandbush Wrote:  You may be able to exclude the offending folders via excludePattern option.
Thanks for the reply.
I've installed MinimWatch and temporarily turned off my firewall in order to add

Hmm, the instructions suggest that the $Recycle folder should already be excluded!

I’m sure @simoncn will have an answer and a more appropriate solution.
16-03-2020, 17:35
(16-03-2020 16:15)Alandbush Wrote:  
(16-03-2020 15:31)Spile Wrote:  
Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, the instructions suggest that the $Recycle folder should already be excluded!

I’m sure @simoncn will have an answer and a more appropriate solution.

It is but I wonder if the issue is in relation to the Snapshot?
16-03-2020, 17:53
$RECYCLE.BIN sounds like a recycle bin folder created by Windows. MinimServer is automatically excluding the QNAP recycle bin but is not automatically excluding the Windows recycle bin. This is because the Windows recycle bin is a hidden folder and MinimServer automatically excludes hidden folders when it it is running on Windows.

MinimServer is also automatically excluding the QNAP @Recently-Snapshot folder (since update 132).

If you are still having problems, please post the exact name of the folder that is not being excluded. Please also confirm whether you are running MinimServer on the QNAP or on Windows.
17-03-2020, 07:59
(16-03-2020 17:53)simoncn Wrote:  $RECYCLE.BIN sounds like a recycle bin folder created by Windows. MinimServer is automatically excluding the QNAP recycle bin but is not automatically excluding the Windows recycle bin. This is because the Windows recycle bin is a hidden folder and MinimServer automatically excludes hidden folders when it it is running on Windows.

MinimServer is also automatically excluding the QNAP @Recently-Snapshot folder (since update 132).

If you are still having problems, please post the exact name of the folder that is not being excluded. Please also confirm whether you are running MinimServer on the QNAP or on Windows.

MinimServer is running on QNAP. Since I added $RECYCLE.BIN To the exclusion field of MinimWatch the issue appears to have been resolved
17-03-2020, 09:53
Thanks for confirming this.