Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest additions and multi-artists
23-11-2019, 13:03
Newest additions and multi-artists
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if those questions were asked / solved already in the past.

1.- I'm looking for a way to browse my collection based on newest additions. I was thinking about using the field "Comments" but I'm not sure whether it's a good idea
2.- I still don't understand how to manage multi-artists records. Let's take for example "No Mercy In This Land" by Ben Harper and Charlie Musslewhile. I tagged it using MP3Tag with the same value "Ben Harper; Charlie Musselwhite" for Artist, Album Artist and Composer. Regardless, it still appears under "Ben Harper; Charlie Musselwhite" when browsing with BubbleUPnP or with Foobar2000. I'd like this record to appear under either of those artists, not both of them grouped.

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2019, 13:19
RE: Newest additions and multi-artists
Hi, David. There is no built-in way currently to browse based on newest additions. It would be possible to use a field or create a field to do this manually, I would think. Perhaps a "Date added" field that you could browse or sort backwards.

For multi-artist, a limitation is that you can't have more than one Album Artist tag, but that doesn't apply to the Artist and Composer tags. I make sure my tags in mp3s are version ID3v2.4 and that allows me to have multiple fields for the same tag. For instance, if a given track has two composers, I list each composer in a separate field, each tagged "Composer." In MP3Tag you can do this by separating the composers with a "\\". For example, "John Lennon\\Paul McCartney". If you then view the "Extended Tags" in MP3Tag you'll see that Composer is listed twice, each with a different value. Then that track or album will show up under both composers when I browse.

Hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply