Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stream sometimes stops for a few seconds
27-11-2019, 18:00 (This post was last modified: 28-11-2019 00:33 by CodenameGreyFox.)
Stream sometimes stops for a few seconds
While streaming to my media player (Cambridge CXNv2) the songs sometimes stop for a few seconds.

I am still trying to figure out the source of the problem, so I don't know if it is from the server or the player itself. I was hoping someone could figure something out from the log when these stops happen. Here's an example:

The "HTTPConnection: error reading request: Read timed out" line appears to be the main indication of a problem. But why could it be timing out? The network is stable with the computer running the server being connected by ethernet. The player is through wireless but it sits right by the router and is always with a strong signal even when these errors happen.

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Log 1.txt (Size: 4.71 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2019, 18:26
RE: Stream sometimes stops for a few seconds
The problem is either with your player or the wireless link. MinimServer tried to send audio data to the player and the player did not accept it. MinimServer then closed the connection and the player sent a new request to restart the audio from the point where things went wrong. It looks like there was a gap in playing the audio (16 seconds or perhaps a bit longer) while this was happening.

As the player is right by the router, is there a reason why you are not using a wired connection?
27-11-2019, 18:34
Not really. It is just one less cable going around and it should work without it... And yeah, that is the gap I was talking about.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the player to not accept the data? At least in terms of network problems.

Thank you very much by the way.
27-11-2019, 18:58
It is hard to say what might be causing this. It is always better to use a hard-wired cable connection if possible. If there is no alternative to wireless, you might need to try different routers or wireless access points to find a stable combination. Some routers work better with a 2.4 GHz wireless connection than 5 GHz or vice versa. Make sure you don't have more than one access point (or frequency) broadcasting with the same SSID as the player might roam when you don't want it to. My best guess is that it is a router issue that would probably be solved by upgrading to a better router. By far the simplest solution is to plug in a cable as this almost always works.
27-11-2019, 19:00
All right, might have to add one more cable to the collection then. Thank you!