Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using Minimserver with iTunes
18-11-2019, 15:14
RE: Using Minimserver with iTunes
Hello Simon,

I've undone the corrections to a selection of files as you asked and can confirm the error message has indeed re-appeared. I believe you wanted the actual log file to look at- I tried attaching it to this mail but was told Im not allowed to do so - it looks like a text file so should I save it as something else ? Ive sent a PDF version if it anyway.

On the Album art issue, I have run BOTH scripts and neither wants to work for me (I had originally bought 4.2 and run it and then bought 6.2 as this was the Catalina version.) So as it is, I have both scripts available and neither functions :-(

I have sent a support mail to Dougscripts and am awaiting a reply to see if they have any thoughts - of course if you have ideas I'd be delighted to give them a go too as I'm desperately keen to make this work.

Cheers

Syd

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Minimserver Log print.pdf (Size: 34.43 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2019, 16:53
The 6.2 script has a different name than the 4.2 script.

The 6.2 script is named:
Save Album Art to Album Folder

The 4.2 script is named:
Save Album Art as folder.jpg

These are not the same. You need to use "Save Album Art as folder.jpg 4.2" and do the following:

1) Open Apple Music
2) Click the script button on the Apple Music menu bar
3) Select the correct script
4) The script will open a dialog saying "Select some tracks..."
5) In Apple Music, click Songs and select all the tracks you want to process (Shift+click is a quick way to do this)
6) Click on the dialog that was opened in step 4. It should now say "nn tracks selected" where nn is the number of tracks you have selected.
7) Click the OK button. You should see a progress bar showing each track being processed.

Regarding the other problem with accented characters, thank you for doing the unfixing and posting the PDF. I do need to see the actual minimserver.log file. Please do the following:

1) Stop MinimServer
2) In Finder, click Go on the menu bar, then click 'Go to folder'
3) In the entry field, type : ~/Library and then click Go
4) In the Library folder, open the MinimServer subfolder
5) Select the minimserver.log file, then select File from the menu bar, then select Compress 'minimserver.log'
6) This will create a file named minimserver.log.zip
7) Attach this file to a post here

Many thanks for your help with this.
18-11-2019, 17:30
Hello Simon,

Zip attached as requested.

I've done as you asked with the script - no luck. I can happily send you a screen movie of what happens when I run the script and you can see for yourself. Sadly I cant post it here but you can mail me directly on syd@barheys.com and I'll happily mail you the movie I've made

Cheers.

Syd

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimserver.log.zip (Size: 121.3 KB / Downloads: 2)
19-11-2019, 14:09
I have found what is causing the problem with accented characters in filenames. It is caused by a very unusual combination of factors. I will release a MinimServer update soon with a fix for this. Thanks very much for your help with tracking this down.
19-11-2019, 16:16
OK brilliant and look forward to the update.

If only I could get this artwork issue fixed everything would be perfect !!! Still not heard back from Doug at dougscripts ........... :-(
19-11-2019, 16:49
As ever Simon solves our problems.

Having been editing metadata for 10+ years I have always taken the safest route of removing all occurrences of accents in Artist and Album names. I did it to avoid the possibility of having duplicate occurrences of the same artist with and without an accent present.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
19-11-2019, 22:32 (This post was last modified: 19-11-2019 22:45 by simoncn.)
This fix is now available in MinimServer update 130. All files with names containing accented characters should now be read correctly by MinimServer no matter how the files and filenames were created.
20-11-2019, 02:43
Hello Simon,

I have indeed just installed the latest update and can confirm that the error messages for the accented characters have now all disappeared !!

Thank you so much for that - totally wonderful :-)

Kindest regards

Syd