Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using Minimserver with iTunes
15-11-2019, 18:14
RE: Using Minimserver with iTunes
Sadly no as I've just gone and changed everything !! - but I guess I could "unfix" a few - It would be nice to have the accented characters ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2019, 18:20
Hello Simon,

Re the Artwork issue, Ive indeed installed and run the script you suggested - it hasn't done the job for me unfortunately - not sure why though ......

The HD question you asked - the Type in Disk Utility = APFS Volume (see attached)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-11-2019, 18:23
This is the utility I've run ,....

15-11-2019, 18:56 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2019 19:01 by simoncn.)
(15-11-2019 18:14)Barheys Wrote:  Sadly no as I've just gone and changed everything !! - but I guess I could "unfix" a few - It would be nice to have the accented characters ??

Please do try unfixing a few to see whether the problem reappears. If it doesn't, this would confirm my theory about the cause.
15-11-2019, 18:59
(15-11-2019 18:20)Barheys Wrote:  Re the Artwork issue, Ive indeed installed and run the script you suggested - it hasn't done the job for me unfortunately - not sure why though ......

To check this, look in one of your album folders. If the utility has worked, there should be a folder.jpg file there.

There are two versions of the utility (Catalina / earlier macOS). Are you sure you used the right one?
15-11-2019, 19:05
OK Simon,

So Ive checked (screenshot example attached) and I'm not seeing a folder or file that would equate to the artwork that Im looking for - ergo the utility hasn't worked in this case.

Hope you can help ......... (fingers crossed) !

Regards

Syd

15-11-2019, 19:16 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2019 19:17 by simoncn.)
I haven't used this utility myself but it has worked for other users. When you run it, does it ask for a folder to process? Also, are you sure you used the correct version (Catalina if you are on that)?
15-11-2019, 19:39
Hi Simon,

So am comfortable that I have the correct version (the Catalina one) - see attached. Its version 6.2 which is the Catalina one......

When I click OK, it just chuggs away and processes the file and at the end says "artwork save complete" - so it feels like its saving something somewhere !!

I've however searched for folder.jpg files on my mac and found a handful - and for those albums, artwork does indeed display and there is a file in the folder. However, I cant be sure these were put there by this utility (although I can't see how else they got there) ??

So I conclude that for some reason, the utility isn't saving the requisite files (either in the right directory or indeed anywhere else it would seem)

15-11-2019, 19:47 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2019 19:51 by Barheys.)
I've had another go running this utility but this time Ive asked to specify the folder the artwork is saved to - so I tried with The Beatles Abbey Road and specified that the file should be out put to the folder with the songs in it - the utility ran but I can't see anything new in the folder (i.e. no artwork)

When the script is running, you'd think it would show the artwork it was working on - in my case it doesn't - which makes me think this isn't an output problem but more that maybe the script cant locate my artwork in the first place and therefore has nothing to out put to ..... is that a plausible diagnosis ?
16-11-2019, 11:12
You are using "Save Album Art to Album Folder v6.2". You should be using "Save Album Art as folder.jpg v4.2". I have downloaded this script and tried it myself and I can confirm that it places a folder.jpg file in the correct folder.

Regarding the accented characters problem, have you been able to try "unifixing" some files to see whether the problem reappears? This would be very useful information to help me identify the cause of the problem.