Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download problems
10-04-2013, 01:04
download problems
i downloaded the mac 64 download...clicked on the green 'minimserver' icon and was taken to a box with numerous possibilities to click. i chose 'music' and was then taken to another box showing my HD Tracks music ...my itunes music..and another. i clicked on 'itunes and all of my itunes downloads were seen. i clicked on the first selection and everything disappeared. i then went back and tried to click on the green icon and nothing came up..what to do now...???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 11:01
RE: download problems
(10-04-2013 01:04)calloway Wrote:  i downloaded the mac 64 download...clicked on the green 'minimserver' icon and was taken to a box with numerous possibilities to click. i chose 'music' and was then taken to another box showing my HD Tracks music ...my itunes music..and another. i clicked on 'itunes and all of my itunes downloads were seen. i clicked on the first selection and everything disappeared. i then went back and tried to click on the green icon and nothing came up..what to do now...???

I think this means you have installed MinimServer and selected a content directory, but probably not the right content directory.

You should see a small icon with a minim symbol in your menu bar. Please do the following:

1) Click on the minim icon and select 'Properties'
2) In the contentDir field, change the value to /Users/your-user-name/Music
3) Press OK to accept the change

You should now have the correct setting for your content directory. The next step is to start a UPnP control point so you can browse and select your music.
10-04-2013, 14:30
simoncn...thanks for the reply. i will look for the icon when i get home..i did play the one album that DID load ..a RUSH album..and it was superb.equally as good as the EMM...thanks again..dave
(10-04-2013 11:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 01:04)calloway Wrote:  i downloaded the mac 64 download...clicked on the green 'minimserver' icon and was taken to a box with numerous possibilities to click. i chose 'music' and was then taken to another box showing my HD Tracks music ...my itunes music..and another. i clicked on 'itunes and all of my itunes downloads were seen. i clicked on the first selection and everything disappeared. i then went back and tried to click on the green icon and nothing came up..what to do now...???

I think this means you have installed MinimServer and selected a content directory, but probably not the right content directory.

You should see a small icon with a minim symbol in your menu bar. Please do the following:

1) Click on the minim icon and select 'Properties'
2) In the contentDir field, change the value to /Users/your-user-name/Music
3) Press OK to accept the change

You should now have the correct setting for your content directory. The next step is to start a UPnP control point so you can browse and select your music.
10-04-2013, 21:18
simoncn..i am home and do not see a 'minim icon'..i tried to download the 1.70 version again but cannot get any response when i click on the icon that populates the box with the 'agreement' letter.if you have a second i would love a call at 434-2037932 tonight to help me through this..thanks..dave
10-04-2013, 21:34
(10-04-2013 21:18)calloway Wrote:  simoncn..i am home and do not see a 'minim icon'..i tried to download the 1.70 version again but cannot get any response when i click on the icon that populates the box with the 'agreement' letter.if you have a second i would love a call at 434-2037932 tonight to help me through this..thanks..dave

I can't provide phone support. Have you read the instructions on this page? I suggest you reboot the Mac and go through these instructions step by step. If you come to a step that isn't clear or doesn't produce the result you expect, please post here and I will respond. It might help if you could attach a screenshot to your post using the Attachments section at the bottom of the forum window.
10-04-2013, 23:41
simoncn...i did what you asked and now see ..on the top of my screen..an icon with a counterclockwise arrow proceeding. does this mean that my music is loading..?..dave
11-04-2013, 00:39
simoncn..it did it..thanks a lot for all your help.i will play with it tonight..again..thanks for your help..dave