Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beatles, The vs The Beatles
10-11-2019, 02:31 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 02:37 by Imjinman.)
Beatles, The vs The Beatles
I have some albums listed under artist in the form, "Beatles, The", and other albums in the form "The Beatles".

My library is Minimserver and I am using BubbleSoft on Android to access the library

Strangely I have used Jaikoz and the artist form is the same for each album, and I have copied an pasted across Beatles albums (in this case) to no avail

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2019, 10:35
RE: Beatles, The vs The Beatles
Have you changed the default MinimServer configuration settings? If so, please post the settings that you are using. If you are using default settings, this must be caused by inconsistent tagging in your library (perhaps the AlbumArtist tag not matching the Artist tag).
11-11-2019, 10:22
(10-11-2019 10:35)simoncn Wrote:  Have you changed the default MinimServer configuration settings? If so, please post the settings that you are using. If you are using default settings, this must be caused by inconsistent tagging in your library (perhaps the AlbumArtist tag not matching the Artist tag).
Hi, I am running Minimserver on a NAS server. The only option I see when double clicking on the Minimserver app is a web browser screen saying as per the attached screenshot. How else can i configure??

Thank you

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-11-2019, 11:19
This means the unexpected index entries are caused by inconsistent tagging.

To configure MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer (PC, Mac or Linux) on your home network. See this section for information about MinimWatch.

When you have installed MinimWatch, you can update the indexTags property to add an AlbumArtist index. This index should show which albums have AlbumArtist tags in the format you are not expecting.
11-11-2019, 12:19
(11-11-2019 11:19)simoncn Wrote:  This means the unexpected index entries are caused by inconsistent tagging.

To configure MinimServer, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer (PC, Mac or Linux) on your home network. See this section for information about MinimWatch.

When you have installed MinimWatch, you can update the indexTags property to add an AlbumArtist index. This index should show which albums have AlbumArtist tags in the format you are not expecting.

Thank you. I have installed Minimwatch on PC (greyed out app on desktop) and MinimServer in the systems tray. I have attached the properties of teh Minimserver pointing to my NAS. What do I need to change? Thanks for your help to a newbie on this.    

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-11-2019, 13:01
In indexTags, change

Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer

to

Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, AlbumArtist

and click OK, then select Restart from the minim icon.

When MinimServer has restarted, you can view your Artist tags in the All Artists index and you can view your AlbumArtist tags in the AlbumArtist index. This should show you exactly where the inconsistencies are.
12-11-2019, 05:08
(11-11-2019 13:01)simoncn Wrote:  In indexTags, change

Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer

to

Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, AlbumArtist

and click OK, then select Restart from the minim icon.

When MinimServer has restarted, you can view your Artist tags in the All Artists index and you can view your AlbumArtist tags in the AlbumArtist index. This should show you exactly where the inconsistencies are.

Great- thank you. Got that to work!